- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A lovely, detached modern bungalow, in a quiet residential area close to the town centre and beach in the charming, historic resort of Filey.
Offering light and airy accommodation, this Filey cottage is perfectly situated for families wanting to enjoy a traditional seaside holiday in this delightfully quaint seaside town.
Finished to a high standard, this Filey cottage has a bright and modern kitchen, with granite worktops and a small dining area, whilst the sitting room is traditionally furnished and has patio doors opening onto the rear garden.
With three tasteful bedrooms and a contemporary bathroom, this Filey cottage makes a very comfortable holiday home.
A five minute walk brings you to the town centre, where there is a variety of tea rooms, pubs and independent shops, whilst a ten minute walk brings you to the seafront.
Enjoy a stroll along the promenade with its brightly coloured beach huts, ornamental gardens and cafes or build sandcastles on the wonderful, long sandy beach, where you can walk for miles.
Close to this Filey cottage lies a country park and an animal sanctuary, whilst nearby Flamborough is well worth a visit with its high chalk cliffs, packed with nesting sea birds.
With the larger, vibrant town of Scarborough a short drive and the Yorkshire Wolds and Moors to explore, this Filey cottage is well placed for an enjoyable break.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with TV, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (seats 4). Sitting room with electric fire.
Gas central heating with electric fire. Electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, PlayStation 2 with games, Wii with games, WiFi, selection of books. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 2 cars. Enclosed lawned garden with furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 5 mins walk, beach 10 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Lovely cosy comfortable bungalow”
- “Sykes staff so friendly and helpful on booking. The bungalow was so cosy and warm with lovely luxurious leather sofas and large flat screen TV. The bathroom was lovely and clean and modern and the enclosed garden was ideal for our dog. The beach was only ten minutes walk away and the country park even nearer. The fact that our dog was welcome was greatly appreciated. We have booked this property again for 2015.”
- “A really excellent property, everything we could have wished for and so much more. Park View was so comfortable and welcoming it made our visit to Yorkshire an even better one. It had TVs in every room and a large screen TV in the main room which you rarely find in holiday homes.”
- “Loved the cottage and it's proximity to the country park/beach and centre.”
- “Very clean and comfortable, everything you would need for a perfect holiday, will recommend to friends. An ideal location, 5mins walk to the shops and beach. The enclosed gardens were brilliant for dog owners, definitely go again.”
- “Very clean property in a lovely area, near country park and town. Many lovely places to go such as the North York Moors. Had a lovely meal at the tea rooms at Scalby and journey back through Danby forest. Hope to come back.”
- “A very comfortable bungalow and a dog-friendly, enclosed rear garden. There is a high standard of furniture and we would recommend to others and return ourselves.”
- “Quiet and relaxed atmosphere, in a lovely area. Situated in a place where everything was near by. A really lovely holiday. We will be returning.”
- “Its a good place to bring a dog & just chill out for a week. Its near to country park,beach & town.”
- “Park View was really cosy. There was a lovely modern bathroom, fabulous comfortable leather sofas and a large TV in the living room. The garden was nice and private too. The bungalow is on a really quiet estate which is within walking distance of the country park and beach. Best of all our dog was welcome. We will definitely stay there again.”
About the location
Scarborough 7.5 miles; Bridlington 11 miles.
Filey is a traditional English seaside resort with a friendly atmosphere, offering a restful holiday. A fishing town on the North East Coast, Filey has enjoyed a reputation of being a resort since Victorian times, set affront the magnificent Filey Bay, a long stretch of beautiful sand, with Filey Brigg and its shallow rockpools to the north. The town itself seems almost caught in a time warp, retaining much of its character with individual shops, narrow paths and ginnels. There is a small coble landing, a slipway where local fishermen keep their boats, plus delightful beach chalets that can be hired through the summer months. The bay is edged with two promenades and there are various gardens, where brass bands play on a Sunday afternoon. This small town is family orientated, with pony rides available on the beach, children’s play areas, crazy golf and candy floss! Nearby, Flamborough Head boasts high cliffs with exhilarating walks and Bempton Cliffs are a haven for bird lovers. A short drive brings you to the busier town of Scarborough as well as plenty to explore and discover in this lovely area.