- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Stamford Bridge 2 miles. A stylish, well-appointed detached log cabin situated on the owner's arable farm in a rural setting, two miles from the popular village of Stamford Bridge and just ten miles from the historic city of York. Spacious, and with great attention to detail, this Stamford Bridge cottage provides a perfect base for families or couples wanting to explore the North York Moors, Wolds or popular seaside towns of the East Coast. This log cabin near Stamford Bridge has two beautifully finished bedrooms and a very well-equipped contemporary kitchen that has quality travertine worktops for added luxury. The spacious sitting room has a double sofa bed and a full length picture window, which overlooks a large decked balcony. The balcony provides an ideal spot to sit and relax in the superb hot tub on a warm summer's evening. There are extensive lawns surrounding this Stamford Bridge log cabin, which lead to a shared fishing pond and seating. The historic village of Stamford Bridge offers a wide variety of shops and local inns with good restaurants, cafes and footpaths alongside the picturesque River Derwent. Bridlington, Flamborough and Scarborough are within an hour's drive, and this Stamford Bridge cottage is perfectly placed to tour the attractive market towns of Malton, Beverley and Pickering. This Stamford Bridge log cabin provides a wonderful base for families and friends to explore all that North Yorkshire has to offer.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with sofa bed.
- LPG central heating
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Bike storage
- Rear decked balcony with hot tub, furniture and BBQ
- Extensive rear lawns
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: There is an unfenced pond 50 yards from the property, children to be supervised at all times
- Note: Free pond fishing is available by prior arrangement with the owner
- Note: Ash Tree Lodge is situated approx
- 50 yards from another lodge
- Note: The property is situated approx
- 50 yards from an A road, and some road noise may be experienced when outside the property
- Note: No stag/hen parties or similar.
About the location
York 8.5 miles.
Stamford Bridge, as its name suggests, was a fording point over the River Derwent for a Roman settlement. Nowadays, it is a village with a selection of shops and restaurants and is notable for a renovated railway viaduct, which is now used as a cycle and public footpath. The village is well known as the site of the Battle of Stamford Bridge on 25th September 1066, which marked the end of the Viking era in Britain. Within easy reach are the pretty Yorkshire market towns of Malton, Beverley and Driffield and within an hour’s drive is the unspoilt coastal resort of Filey with open beaches and the nearby RSPB nature reserve at Bempton.