- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Situated in an elevated position, enjoying beautiful views of the surrounding countryside, High View Cottage is a superb, stone-built, semi-detached cottage in the delightful village of Glaisdale, 10 miles from Whitby.
Tastefully decorated and furnished throughout, this spacious, three-storey property offers modern en-suite facilities whilst retaining many original features, such as beamed ceilings and a lovely feature fireplace in the dining room.
The dining room is a wonderful, open space, with a dining table seating six, a sofa set in front of a woodburning stove, plus patio doors that can be thrown open wide when the weather is fine.
As well as the sofa in the dining room, there is a kitchen with a table and chairs and a bright and airy separate sitting room, with lots of windows letting in refreshing natural light and a 40" Panasonic LCD Smart TV.
The cottage has three bedrooms, the master of which is dual aspect and houses a double bed and its own en-suite shower room.
There is also a separate family bathroom, a shower room on the second floor, and a WC in the cloakroom on the ground floor, where you can hang your coats and scarves and leave your walking boots to dry.
The surrounding Esk Valley countryside is ideal for walkers and cyclists alike, but there’s no need to worry about getting a bit grubby while exploring, as the utility room houses a sink and a washer/dryer so you can clean off and not have to worry about packing lots of changes of clothes!
The gravelled and paved patio area outside provides the ideal place for a relaxing evening drink, or you can take dinner outdoors and enjoy alfresco dining in the sunshine.
With the charming steam railway at Grosmont nearby, and the seaside town of Whitby and numerous pretty coastal and inland villages all within easy reach, this delightful cottage has something for all the family.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin, 1 x second floor twin (with restricted head height in parts). Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Second floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor WC and basin. Fitted kitchen. Utility room. Dining room with woodburner and extra comfy seating. Sitting room.
- LPG central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, Smart TV, DVD, radio/CD player, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Fuel for woodburner available to purchase locally
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed garden with patio area and garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome at £25 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 mins walk, pub 10 mins walk
- Please note: Second floor accessed via ten steep steps up thus ensure care is taken.
- Last minute
- “We have been going to this cottage since it first opened and have always found it to be warm, clean and welcoming. There is off road parking and the village is a lovely one with a wonderful butchers and very useful local shop and Post Office. The views are wonderful but it is in a hilly area so don't expect any flat walks! It is a lovely spot and we always look forward to going and then enjoy a relaxing holiday there, regardless of weather.”
- “great relaxing break”
- “This cottage is a really cosy, comfortable retreat for a family who needs to get away from it all! The cottage has every thing you could possibly need, its very clean and in a good location just 15 minuets drive from Whitby. There is a village shop and a great butchers just across the road with everything you need. We will definatly return!”
- “A relaxing break with friends”
- “The house was well appointed with everything (and more) that you could ask for. There is a cosy wood-burning stove a snug and three excellent and clean bedrooms. Highview Cottage is high on the valley side with some really good walks round and about (we took the dog). We had a really good weekend playing board games with friends and we had a trip out to Robin Hoods bay. The shop is staffed by friendly people and has everything a village shop should have including a post office!”
- “An excellent cottage , in a beautiful location.”
- “Excellent service from start to finish from both Sykes and the owner. A very well equiped cottage tastefully furnished throughout. The location is perfect for both coast and countryside.Plenty of walks from the doorstep, very helpful information in the cottage handbook. Even though we were snowed in we had a great time and would thoroughly recommend this cottage.”
- “Warm & well equipped”
- “A very well situated cottage that our my friends and family have enjoyed for 3 years now. Perfect for a wintery get away, with crisp walks on the doorstep. Friendly local shops for all the essentials and fantastic facilities inside the cottage mean that you could also stay inside all the time too. Perfect for exploring the local surroundings near the coast and inland.”
- “Glaisdale Cottage - The Old Mitre Pub”
- “excellent booking arrangements, excallent accommodaion and location, and we had brilliant weather too. Overall a good place to go and lots to do and see within reasonable distance. Highly recommended and superbly appointed accommodation.”
- “Everything you need for comfort and convenience!”
- “We have stayed in many types of cottages in various parts of the country and this cottage is one of our favourites. It ticks all the right boxes from beautiful views to total comfort. It is conveniently located to head off in any direction and arrive somewhere interesting. The local community are friendly people and there is a great little shop near by that can supply you with anything. It has plenty of space to relax in after a long day out and a great bonus is having two lounges and all rooms en suite. The kitchen was spotless and well equipt. A brilliant base for touring and discovering beautiful towns and villages steeped in history.”
- “A wonderful relaxing holiday.”
- “We have stayed in High View Cottage on four occasions now, I think it's four and we have booked again for this month for a short stay and again for a week in May 2010. That says what we think to the cottage. It is always clean and tidy, warm and well looked after and we have never had any cause for any complaint of any sort. We have friends who live in the village of Glaisdale only about 100 yds from this cottage so it is a great way of seeing them and having a nice restful break. We love the area and spend time in Whitby. I have been going to Whitby for over fifty years and never tire of the place. All in all, a wonderful cottage in a wonderful area. Sykes staff have always been extremely pleasant and helpful which helps no end. I would highly recommend this cottage. Mr. David Bean”
- “A great house which was well kept and in a lovely area.”
- “5 star luxury accommodation which was clean, light and well laid out. There was plenty of room and it was useful to have a very well stocked kitchen.”
- “Once again, we have had a lovely week. We have been staying at High View Cottage since it first opened, it's a beautiful property in a truly amazing area. Whitby is within easy reach and should you wish to have an 'at home day' there are some great walks around the village with stunning views.”
- “The house was really well equipped, we loved the log burner. The butcher's and general store in the village were friendly and helpful.”
- “Loved the cottage and its location with beautiful surrounding countryside and outstanding views. Very clean and spacious with everything provided that we could need. Would definitely recommend this cottage to family and friends. Had a brilliant time.”
- “MOST COMFORTABLE COTTAGE AND BEDS!”
- “A lovely holiday home.”
- “We loved the cottage, it was very well kept and thought out. Glaisdale is a perfect location for both the Moors and the coast, we had a fantastic holiday.”
- “The Cottage is situated beautifully in the village of Glaisdale with a fine view of the valley and the lower part of the village. Access to the moor is easy.”
- “This cottage was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The garden was enclosed, making it ideal for children and pets. The wooden floors are ideal for dogs. The showers were very powerful, with lashings of hot water. The log burner was a nice touch. The two lounges made it ideal for families. Very quiet area.”
- “This is a beautiful cottage - even better than its description.”
- “A lovely warm and welcoming cottage. A perfect place to bring in the New Year. We had a couple of walks despite the weather and it was lovely to to return the the warmth of the cottage. We will definitely be back sometime soon.”
About the location
Whitby 9 miles; Pickering 21 miles.
A peaceful village on the edge of the North York Moors National Park, Glaisdale is set amongst beautiful countryside in the heart of the Esk Valley. The village itself has a post office in the general store, an excellent butcher (famed for his pork pies) and one hotel/pub, with restaurant. Further afield, Whitby and the coast are just 9 miles away whilst the quaint moorland villages of Hutton-le-Hole, Lastingham and Thornton Dale and the market town of Pickering are all within easy touring distance. For something a little quieter, why not take a trip to the less-discover gem of Saltburn by the Sea, a charming, Victorian seaside resort. The terminus of the North York Moors Railway is at nearby Grosmont, inviting you to take a steam railway ride back in history through beautiful moorland scenery.