- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A lovely semi-detached Edwardian property, quietly tucked away in the pretty moorland village of Goathland.
Furnished and decorated in a traditional style, this Goathland cottage has a lovely homely feel, which would appeal to families and friends wishing to discover the spectacular countryside of the North York Moors, but within a few minutes' drive of the historic port of Whitby.
This characterful cottage in Goathland features a warm and cosy sitting room and a charming dining room with a built in dresser and additional comfy seating.
The well-equipped kitchen overlooks the garden and open fields, whilst original stairs lead up from the spacious hall to four comfortable bedrooms.
Outside this Goathland cottage, a small enclosed garden and patio provide a perfect spot to sit and enjoy a morning cup of coffee in the sunshine, before heading off for a day's activities.
A pleasant stroll brings you into the centre of this delightful village, where sheep are free to roam the country lanes and the wide, green verges.
The local inns serve good ales and excellent food, whilst the village store caters for everyday needs.
With the addition of a couple of quaint tea rooms to indulge in, this Goathland cottage is the perfect place to stay!
With wonderful walking opportunities from the door, this area is a walker's paradise, whilst for steam lovers, the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway runs through the village.
Drive through the stunning scenery of these heather clad moors to the bustling town of Whitby, with its famous Abbey, cobbled, narrow streets and long sandy beaches, or explore the dramatic coastline with its pretty villages such as Staithes and Robin Hood's Bay.
This Goathland cottage provides a good base in a superb location.
Over three floors. Four bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single day bed, 1 x family room with 1 adult bunks and 1 single, 1 x second floor single (accessed by loft ladder). Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. First floor WC. Kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with electric fire.
- Night storage heaters with electric heaters in bedrooms and electric fire
- Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, payphone, selection of books and games
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Small, enclosed rear patio and lawned garden with furniture and countryside views
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Note: The second floor bedroom is accessed by a loft ladder and not suitable for young children.
- Last minute
- “The cottage was beautiful. Quiet, easy to get to and over all it was very welcoming.”
- “A well equipped, spacious house in a beautiful location. Great for a family holiday.”
- “The house was perfect and the owner was VERY welcoming, friendly and helpful. We couldn't fault anything, we were all very pleased with our choice.”
- “A cosy, traditional cottage which was well located. Had friendly welcoming owners. Would definitely hire this cottage again.”
- “Eskholme was everything we imagined it would be, a lovely country escape in a fantastic part of the world. The only complaint is that we had to leave at the end of our stay!”
- “The area was absolutely lovely, the cottage had all facilities that you needed and accessibility to everywhere was good”
- “A lovely cottage, suitable for the number of people with us. Some really nice walking direct from the cottage. Easy access to East Coast resorts”
- “We liked the peace and surroundings. The accommodation was ample sized for my family, and was dog friendly.”
About the location
Whitby 9 miles.
The idyllic village of Goathland is set on the north eastern edge of the North York Moors National Park. It is surrounded by the rugged open moorlands which provide excellent walking country and on which sheep graze freely. The village has been popularised by the television programme Heartbeat. At the bottom of the village lies the station for the famous North York Moors Steam Railway. Here you can catch a train to Whitby or Pickering and relax as the train winds its way through the moors. Goathland is within easy reach of the East Coast towns of Whitby, Staithes, Robin Hoods Bay and Scarborough, making it a great holiday base.