- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Filey 2 miles.
An attractive, detached single-storey property, set behind the owner's home close to the charming seaside town of Filey.
Offering ground floor accommodation, this cottage near Filey is ideal for families to enjoy the attractions of this nearby traditional resort, and the many other beaches, towns and beauty of the North Yorkshire coastline.
With a light and airy feel, this Filey cottage has a spacious open plan living area with a contemporary, well-equipped kitchen and a comfortably furnished sitting area with French doors opening onto an enclosed and sheltered rear garden, a lovely spot to sit and enjoy the sunshine.
There is also a stylish wet room, meaning this Filey cottage offers comfortable accommodation for guests of all ages, and may also be suitable for less able guests.
Bright and cheerful, the cottage is five minutes’ drive from the genteel town of Filey, with its long sandy beaches, fine promenades, grand structures and pretty ornamental gardens.
Why not hire one of the brightly coloured beach huts for the week, or take a pony ride along the sands on a warm afternoon?
Young and old will delight in seeking out the shallow rock pools on Filey Brigg, teaming with sea creatures, or enjoying exhilarating cliff-top walks, complete with fabulous coastal views.
The nearby RSPB reserve at Bempton Cliffs is well worth visiting, home to one of the largest colonies of nesting seabirds in England, which cluster together on the grey, chalky crags.
For cultural and history devotees, there are many stately homes to visit in the area, including lavish Sledmere House and Burton Agnes Hall.
With easy access to the busier resorts of Scarborough and Bridlington, this cottage near Filey is perfectly placed for all the family.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms with TV: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Wet room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
Gas central heating. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars. Lockable bike storage. Enclosed lawned garden with furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 2 miles, pub 10 mins walk. Note: Although all ground floor, there are two steps between the wet room and dining area.
- Last minute
- “This property is very well laid out with lots of room. The kitchen is fantastic, the beds lovely and comfy, and with everything you could want in a kitchen and more. Our Doberman loved the garden which is very well enclosed for dogs and kids, really enjoyed our stay. Would not hesitate to recommend this property, it is one of the very best we have stayed in.”
- “The Pool House was a very comfortable, modern, quiet and spacious property which was perfect for holidaying. We highly recommended this property and we would love to stay again. We loved it!”
- “Lovely modern accommodation which was very well fitted out and very clean. It was pet friendly with an enclosed garden that is great for pets and kids alike.”
- “The location was nice & quiet, the host was friendly and the accommodation was very nice. We really enjoyed it!”
- “A lovely place, great base for the coast. Very comfy and cosy. Thank you.”
- “We really enjoyed our stay at The Pool House. It is ideally located and we had trips into Filey, Scarborough and Bridlington. The cottage is furnished and decorated to a high standard, with lots of mod-cons making our Christmas holiday very comfortable indeed. The owners were welcoming and friendly.”
- “Excellent standard of accommodation. My auntie who is blind really liked the way of layout easy to get around for her. The owners were very welcoming and friendly, we would stay again. Would certainly recommend to family and friends.”
- “Excellent property and without doubt one of the nicest properties we have stayed in. The property has been converted to a high standard and felt very homely. The owners were friendly hosts, who ensured everything was OK. The locality was nice and quiet.”
- “I was very impressed with the décor and cleanliness of the property. The lighting was very imaginative and really worked well. The owners were lovely and friendly without being intrusive. The garden was great, fully enclosed which made it good for our dog, and the decking area was in sunshine all day long.”
- “A lovely location, lovely place to stay - a wonderful quality conversion. Great owners.”
- “A very clean and modern cottage in an ideal situation for exploring the area. The village pub was very dog friendly.”
About the location
Scarborough 7.5 miles; Bridlington 11 miles.
Filey is a traditional English seaside resort with a friendly atmosphere, offering a restful holiday. A fishing town on the North East Coast, Filey has enjoyed a reputation of being a resort since Victorian times, set affront the magnificent Filey Bay, a long stretch of beautiful sand, with Filey Brigg and its shallow rockpools to the north. The town itself seems almost caught in a time warp, retaining much of its character with individual shops, narrow paths and ginnels. There is a small coble landing, a slipway where local fishermen keep their boats, plus delightful beach chalets that can be hired through the summer months. The bay is edged with two promenades and there are various gardens, where brass bands play on a Sunday afternoon. This small town is family orientated, with pony rides available on the beach, children’s play areas, crazy golf and candy floss! Nearby, Flamborough Head boasts high cliffs with exhilarating walks and Bempton Cliffs are a haven for bird lovers. A short drive brings you to the busier town of Scarborough as well as plenty to explore and discover in this lovely area.