- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A detached single-storey cottage in the peaceful village of Harome, 3 miles from the market town of Helmsley. One of our cosy Yorkshire cottages, the property offers warm, welcoming accommodation, tastefully furnished and decorated. Outside, a traditional courtyard and private spacious lawn complete this charming property, an ideal retreat for a romantic break or to get away from it all. A short walk from the village pubs serving good food, this cottage offers a base for lovely walks in the surrounding countryside, whilst nearby Helmsley offers a fascinating 12th century castle, Duncombe Park with its walled garden, excellent tea rooms and speciality shops and a pretty beck running through. A superb base for exploring the North York Moors, visiting the City of York or taking a trip to the seaside!
All ground floor. One double bedroom with basin. Shower room with shower, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen. Shared laundry room (in courtyard at top of garden). Sitting room with dining area.
- LPG central heating
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine & tumble dryer (in shared outside laundry room), TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Courtyard & large lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 3 mins walk
- Note: Infants & children under 8 years old are not accepted
Note: Infants & children under 8 years old are not accepted
- “The cottage was well well laid out inside, with good washing / d”
- “We enjoyed our stay at Foxglove Cottage. It was tucked away in a nice quiet spot. It was only a short drive to Helmsley with it's great shops. The cottage was well situated for touring North Yorkshire. It was clean and well presented. Good parking too, which was what we wanted. My tip is to reverse into the driveway, it's much easier that way.”
- “I think I have discovered my perfect cottage”
- “The location of the cottage is perfect - it provided the peaceful haven for writing and reading. The village was delightful and welcoming. The cottage was well set out and very comfortable. I loved the lay-out. The only small thing I would like to see in the cottage would be a shower over the bath. From the moment I arrived I felt quite at home. Thanks for a wonderful time I shall be returning.”
- “Highly recommended”
- “We really enjoyed our stay at Sykes Cottage. Perfect for a quiet couple's getaway.”
- “A charming retreat”
- “Excellent service as it was a late New Year break booking. The cottage is wonderful,comfortable, charming, very warm and welcoming. The location is quiet and peaceful, excellent village pub about 15 minutes walk away. We will certainly return there!”
- “Peace and Tranquility”
- “This idillic cottage set on the outskirts of the main village was top notch accomadation. The service was excellent even down to the milk in the fridge for that much needed cuppa when we arrived. The cottage itself was furnished comfortably with impecable decor. Each room was well equiped for the needs we had. The cottage was situated centrally for all local attractions with in driving distance of where we wanted to go. The holiday was great even down to some late warm weather. Most definately a place to revisit again.”
- “Really peaceful and quiet, apart from bird song which was great. A really lovely holiday. Also lovely friendly people.”
- “A lovely little cottage, very peaceful and relaxing. We had a very enjoyable and relaxing week, we would love to go back again some time.”
About the location
Helmsley 3 miles; Kirkbymoorside 5 miles; Pickering 12 miles; York 23 miles.
The small, pretty village of Harome, on the southern edge of the North York Moors, is an idyllic place to stay. Old stone cottages line the main street and surround the delightful village pond, complete with ducks! Two excellent inns, one selling local produce, make up this little haven, whilst the prestigious market town of Helmsley lies just 3 miles away. Here, the traditional market square is surrounded by hotels, shops and tea rooms. An important area historically, Helmsley has its own 12th century castle and English Heritage's Rievaulx Abbey is close by. An excellent walking area, ideal for exploring the surrounding moors with their hidden dales and villages. York and Scarborough are less than an hour’s drive and Pickering with its famous steam railway just a 20 minute drive.