- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
An attractive, semi-detached Edwardian house, centrally located in the pretty village of Harome, 3 miles from the historic market town of Helmsley.
A very spacious property, light, airy and traditionally furnished, Wayside House offers very comfortable accommodation with two sitting rooms and lots of room to spread out - a spacious alternative to smaller Yorkshire cottages.
Outside, a lawned front garden and rear patio provide lovely, sheltered yet sunny spots, ideal for relaxing.
The village itself offers two pubs serving good food, a village green and large duck pond.
The market towns of Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside and Pickering are all close by, with an excellent variety of tea rooms, restaurants, curiosity shops and weekly markets.
Explore the ancient castles at Helmsley and Pickering, take a trip on the steam train or visit the numerous museums and stately homes in the area.
Something for everyone.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin with en-suite (bath, basin & WC), 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, basin & WC. Ground floor shower. Fitted kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with electric fire. Second sitting room.
- LPG central heating with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, iPod dock, DVD, radio/CD
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for one car
- Lawned front garden, rear patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets & nosmoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 3 mins walk
- Note: Infants & children under 8 years old are not accepted.
Note: Infants & children under 8 years old are not accepted.
- “We loved our stay at Wayside House. The property is very pretty and is located in a perfect English village. It was just right for two couples travelling together. The village of Helmsley is a few minutes away with several pubs and plenty of shopping. Railway trip to Whitby for the day was enjoyable. We would definitely return to Wayside House if we were in the area again.”
- “Large, extremely comfortable and clean. Good central location.”
- “Our second visit to the property and it was great!”
About the location
Helmsley 3 miles; Kirkbymoorside 5 miles; Pickering 12 miles; York 23 miles.
The small, pretty village of Harome, on the southern edge of the North York Moors, is an idyllic place to stay. Old stone cottages line the main street and surround the delightful village pond, complete with ducks! Two excellent inns, one selling local produce, make up this little haven, whilst the prestigious market town of Helmsley lies just 3 miles away. Here, the traditional market square is surrounded by hotels, shops and tea rooms. An important area historically, Helmsley has its own 12th century castle and English Heritage's Rievaulx Abbey is close by. An excellent walking area, ideal for exploring the surrounding moors with their hidden dales and villages. York and Scarborough are less than an hour’s drive and Pickering with its famous steam railway just a 20 minute drive.