- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Harwood Dale 1.5 miles. A picturesque stone semi-detached cottage rurally situated in the tranquil village of Harwood Dale, 6 miles from Scarborough. Set within the North York Moors National Park, this Harwood Dale cottage is ideally located between Scarborough and Whitby for families wanting to explore beach and moorland. Dating from the 16th century and with a wealth of period features, this rustic North Yorkshire cottage has beamed ceilings, boarded doors and a cast iron open fireplace. The spacious country style kitchen of this North Yorkshire cottage has a quarry tiled floor, an electric AGA and the original bread oven set in the wall, alongside a unique pantry cupboard. The cosy sitting room boasts a warming open fire with beautiful views over five acres of woodland. Steep winding cottage stairs lead up to the two bedrooms and a large landing area, which is used as an additional snug/sitting room. Offering basic but comfortable accommodation, this Harwood Dale cottage is surrounded by a delightful shared cottage garden, a lovely peaceful spot to sit and relax in. The vibrant seaside town of Scarborough lies 6 miles to the south and has award-winning beaches, attractive parks and a lively entertainment culture with excellent restaurants, pubs and shops. The historic port of Whitby lies to the north and offers long sandy beaches, an atmospheric harbour and bracing walks along the cliff top Cleveland Way. Why not climb the 199 steps to the famous abbey or enjoy a fishing trip along the coast? With the dramatic moors and pretty coastal towns to explore this Harwood Dale cottage has something for everyone. Note: This cottage is next to Ref. 7480 and together they accommodate 6 people.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with open fire. Landing with sitting area and double sofa bed (occasional use only).
Oil central heating with open fire in sitting room. Electric AGA, electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 2 cars. Shared lawned garden to rear with orchard, cottage garden and woodland area. Well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 4 miles, pub 1.5 miles. Note: There is an unfenced raised pond at this property.
- Last minute
- “Beautiful old cottage in stunning country surroundings”
- “Step back in time staying at this lovely farm cottage complete with open fire and the Aga being at the heart of this property. Located in a quiet valley but not far away from stunning natural countryside and moorland. A great base to enjoy the stunning beauty of North Yorkshire rural communities and coastline.”
- “A lovely old cottage with a rambling garden that has been allowed to keep its character. Excellent for a quiet getaway with dogs.”
- “The property was not the most modern but this was what was so charming about it. It was very comfortable, we felt at home immediately. All of the downstairs floors were very dog friendly. The owner was very pleasant without being obtrusive. One of the best we have ever stayed in.”
- “We loved the rural, picturesque location, the amazing age and originality of the cottage. The Aga was great and the real fire beautiful. The spacious gardens were perfect for our dog.”
- “We could take our two dogs and there were places to walk them straight from the cottage. It was lovely and peaceful. It had Wifi connection, 2 TV's and very comfortable beds.”
About the location
Robin Hood's Bay 10 miles; Whitby 13 miles; Scarborough 8 miles.
Harwood Dale is a small village of scattered stone-built cottages and farms nestled into the countryside on the edge of the North York Moors National Park. Situated between Whitby and Scarborough with their amenities and sandy beaches, it is an ideal base for walkers, cyclists and anyone who seeks peace and relaxation in a picturesque location. Explore the many attractions of the East Coast, meander through the quaint alleyways and streets of Robin Hood's Bay or visit 'Heartbeat' country - Goathland, high up on the moors.