- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A superb, semi-detached house in a quiet position, a couple of minutes' walk from the centre of the pretty market town of Helmsley.
Lovingly and tastefully furnished and decorated, the property offers extremely comfortable accommodation, with spacious, sunny bedrooms, a lovely sitting room with open fire, and a delightful conservatory opening onto a pretty garden in which to relax and unwind.
Children of all ages will enjoy the many games, books and toys left for them in this family-friendly cottage.
Enjoy riverside walks, traditional tea rooms and former coaching inns.
Explore the market square and lanes with a selection of shops and pubs, or visit the stately home at Duncombe Park.
Helmsley has its own castle and walled garden, both within a five minute walk.
Within easy reach are the stunning North York Moors, Whitby, Scarborough and much, much more.
An ideal base for everyone!
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with single chair bed, 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x twin with 2 additional pull-out beds, 1 x adult bunk. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin, WC. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin, WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire. Conservatory. Utility.
- Gas central heating with underfloor heating in kitchen, bathrooms & conservatory and open fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, video, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi, selection of DVDs and videos
- Fuel, power & starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Stairgate & highchair
- Off road parking for 1 car, additional roadside parking outside property
- Shed with 2 adults bikes for guests' use
- Enclosed lawned garden & patio with furniture & BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome, £10 pppw
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops & pubs 2 mins walk.
About the location
Kirkbymoorside 6 miles; Thirsk 14 miles; Pickering 13 miles; York 26 miles.
Lying in a sheltered corner of Upper Ryedale, on the southern edge of the North York Moors National Park, Helmsley is a prestigious market town with a spacious market square surrounded by houses, hotels and shops. The area is important historically - Helmsley has its own 12th century castle and English Heritage’s Rievaulx Abbey and Castle Howard are close by. There is excellent walking on the doorstep - indeed the Cleveland Way starts in Helmsley - and the surrounding North York Moors with their hidden dales and villages are pretty in all seasons. York is less than an hour's drive south, Scarborough and the east coast just over an hour whilst Pickering and the beginning of the famous steam railway line (North Yorkshire Moors Railway) are within 30 minutes’ drive.
- Last minute