- Off road parking
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This outstanding, beautifully-presented second floor duplex apartment is located in a 19th century former hospital building, in the centre of York.
Situated in Monkgate, close to the city wall, this York self-catering apartment is ideally located to enjoy the many sights of this city.
Individually styled and furnished, and offering wonderful views across the city, this York apartment provides an excellent base for couples looking for a romantic break or small families seeking a sightseeing tour of this former Roman settlement.
Set over two floors, this York apartment features a cosy sitting room with an adjoining kitchen, a separate dining room and two bedrooms positioned on a mezzanine level, with a semi-open aspect over the living space.
York’s many restaurants, historic buildings, delightful old-fashioned pubs, the famous Railway Museum and the Jorvik Centre are all within a few minutes’ walk, making this an ideal holiday home for anyone wishing to discover this wonderful old city.
When you’re ready to venture a little further, you will find the seaside resorts of Scarborough and Whitby are little more than an hour’s drive from this York holiday home, whilst the North York Moors can be explored within just half an hour.
To the west, the Yorkshire Dales can also be discovered for a fantastic day out, making this wonderful, well-rounded holiday accommodation in York perfect for discovering many of the area's delights.
All second floor. Two mezzanine double bedrooms. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with sitting area. Dining room.
- Electric central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 1 car in designated bay
- Bike storage on request
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 2 mins walk
- Note: All accommodation across second floor except bedrooms, which are on a mezzanine level within the apartment
- Property may not be suitable for guests with limited mobility
- Note: Shared entrance with lift and stairs to access apartment
- Last minute
- “Beautifully decorated & well located”
- “This apartment is beautifully decorated, well equipped and in a great location. Close to the centre of York, the shops and the train station - no need for a car. Having easy access to keys allowed us to arrive late with no sorry. Definitely recommend this place to friends!”
- “Excellent apartment”
- “Lucky to stay in York many times and this is one of the best we have stayed. Great location, Parking and. Immaculate apartment”
- “This is a lovely little apartment, only about 5 minutes walk from the Minister area, the whole of York is also easily accessible didn't need to use the car all week. Plenty of choice of pubs and restaurants, with something to suit all tastes. I would recommend this apartment to friends and family without hesitation.”
- “The flat was absolutely lovely, as it was so well placed we walked everywhere, it was great not to use the car. There is even a Sainsburys supermarket on the doorstep. Wonderful.”
- “Great location and lovely welcome. Nice property, we will go again and recommend to others. Not needing a car in York was fantastic!”
- “The apartment was ideally located for sight seeing and was very well presented. We received a very warm welcome when we arrived and the owner had thought of all our needs, kindly leaving basic provisions such as fresh milk and tea & coffee. The apartment was comfortable and cosy.”
- “It was so handy to everything and central for walking everywhere. The flat had everything needed in it, so was a pleasure to stay in and will recommend to friends. It was also a bonus having a supermarket so close.”
- “The apartment was absolutely first class. The place was immaculately clean, the beds were comfortable and all the linen, bedding and towels were in perfect condition. All the electricals worked perfectly, including the free WiFi. Located just outside the city wall it was less than 5 minutes walk to the Minster. The allocated parking inside a gated secure forecourt was a godsend.”
- “A really nicely appointed flat which we would, and will, recommend to friends. The décor was not the standard magnolia throughout theme, with well chosen colour schemes setting the place off. The location of the flat is good, being close to the York walls and the Minster. The flat was very clean and airy, with the secure off road parking being a bonus.”
About the location
Harrogate 24 miles; Leeds 30 miles.
The city of York needs no recommendation, for it teems with interest for the holidaymaker: the Minster, its medieval walls, boat trips on the River Ouse, York Races, museums (including the famous National Railway Museum and the Castle Museum), and the internationally-renowned Jorvik Viking Centre and its "time trip" experience. Summer and winter, there is something to fascinate the whole family. Explore York’s quaint streets and hidden corners, or take an excursion further afield to the Dales, Moors or the coastal resorts of Scarborough, Whitby and Filey. Yorkshire is rich in stately homes, with Harewood House and Castle Howard just two of several within an hour’s drive. A cycling city boasting two theatres, character pubs and great shopping, York has it all.