- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This railway carriage is a great alternative to traditional Robin Hood's Bay cottages, and is ideal for families, walkers and cyclists.
With sandy beaches, extensive recreational trails, excellent amenities and beautiful countryside on the doorstep, this is truly unique Robin Hood's Bay cottage accommodation!
A wonderful place for year-round relaxation, this great alternative to Robin Hood's Bay cottages is situated at the former Hawsker village station, and offers superbly appointed accommodation with Robin Hood's Bay cottage individuality, including a master en-suite double, separate sitting room and a lovely galley-style kitchen with breakfast bar.
Original features like sliding windows and first class railway seats seamlessly combine with spectacular views across the beautiful rolling countryside of the Yorkshire Moors.
Whilst now static on the old Whitby to Scarborough route, it's easy to imagine travelling along in style in this mark 3 ex-restaurant carriage.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x master double with en-suite shower, basin & WC, & single 2'6" chair bed, 1 x double (cabin style, access from one side only), 1 x 2' 6" bunk beds (cabin style). Shower room with shower, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast bar. Sitting room with traditional, first class railway carriage seats. Note: This cottage is accessed via entrance steps.
- Gas central heating with cooler air circulation option
- Electric combi convection oven/microwave, gas hob, fridge, freezer, washing machine & tumble dryer (in separate utility, by arrangement with owner, at a small charge), TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD
- Fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot & highchair on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Cycle & motorbike storage
- Bike hire from Trailways at reduced rates
- On-site tea room
- Enclosed lawned area with furniture
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: This owner requires a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £150.
About the location
Whitby 2.5 miles; Robin Hood's Bay 2.5 miles; Scarborough 17 miles.
The small village of Hawsker is situated half way between Whitby and Robin Hood’s Bay, just two and a half miles from each, an ideal location from which to explore the area. The surrounding cottages and farms make up this pleasant village, with a local pub serving food, a tearoom, a village hall, primary school and children's playground. Close to the Cleveland Way and the former railway line, Hawsker provides a great base for walkers and cyclists. The superb coastline in this beautiful part of Yorkshire, and the spectacular North York Moors are well worth exploring, as is the ancient fishing port of Whitby. With its winding streets and hidden alleys, Whitby is a charming atmospheric town with a picturesque harbour, long, sandy beaches and the famous Abbey, reached by the 199 steps! Taste the freshly caught fish and chips, take a trip on a local boat or browse the individual shops. A fantastic location for exploring, Hawsker is ideal all year round.