- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A cosy, stone-built, semi-detached cottage just off the main street in the attractive village of Hinderwell, eight miles north of Whitby.
Lovingly refurbished and full of character, this traditional Hinderwell cottage boasts beamed ceilings, exposed stonework and a flagged kitchen floor.
With a warming woodburner in the homely sitting room and an open staircase leading to two pretty bedrooms, this welcoming Hinderwell cottage provides excellent holiday accommodation.
Outside this Hinderwell cottage, a pretty, walled cottage garden with a decked patio is the perfect spot in which to relax and unwind, after a day on the beach!
Hinderwell offers excellent amenities, with a butcher's, hairdresser's, village shop and several pubs, whilst the beach is just one mile away.
Enjoy bracing cliff-top walks, or visit the old fishing ports of Staithes and Runswick Bay, steeped in history, with quaint cottages and narrow alleyways.
Explore the seaside town of Whitby with its famous abbey and Dracula connections!
With the spectacular countryside on the doorstep, and numerous attractions in the vicinity, this Hinderwell cottage makes an ideal base.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted, galley-style kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Gas central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine in outside utility, flat screen TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars in the owner's garden centre car park
- Bike storage
- Enclosed lawned garden and decked patio to rear with garden furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: There is a stone annexe in the garden which can be booked in conjunction with this property to provide extra accommodation for 2 people, by prior arrangement with owner.
About the location
Whitby 9 miles.
Hinderwell is a small but bustling rural village with shops and pubs close to the picturesque fishing villages of Staithes and Runswick Bay, whilst being just 7 miles from the charming harbour town of Whitby. Hinderwell is ideally located for exploring the beautiful surrounding countryside, ranging from the dramatic cliffs and smugglers' coves of the coastline, to the deep secluded dales of the North York Moors National Park. Walking, cycling, gliding, riding and fishing are all well catered for in the area, making this the perfect location for a relaxing break.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute