- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Filey 3 miles. A modern, ground floor apartment in a tranquil courtyard setting in a purpose built holiday village The Bay, just three miles from the charming old seaside town of Filey. Ideal for families and couples wanting a seaside location with superb on-site facilities, this Filey holiday apartment offers very comfortable accommodation. Tastefully furnished and decorated, this light and airy Filey holiday apartment has an open plan living area with a galley style kitchen and an en-suite shower room to the double bedroom. Outside this Filey holiday apartment are expansive communal lawned grounds with two lakes, a barbecue and picnic areas for guests. The excellent amenities on the complex itself include a large indoor swimming pool, a children's pool, a sauna and steam room, to which guests have free unlimited use of, plus there is a gym, which is available at a modest charge, and there are other outdoor pursuits including tennis courts, a fishing lake, bike hire and a putting green. With a good pub serving food, coffee shop and chemist, guests are well catered for. A pleasant short walk from this Filey holiday apartment brings you to a lovely, sandy, Blue Flag beach - perfect for families - whilst the delightful resort of Filey offers fine promenades, lovely parks and interesting shops. Cobbled slipways lead down to the quaint coble landing with small fishing vessels and cafes. Enjoy a pony ride on the beach or discover the rock pools on Filey Brigg. The surrounding hinterland of this Filey holiday apartment offers the rolling hills of the Yorkshire Wolds and the dramatic chalk cliffs of Flamborough with the RSPB sanctuary at nearby Bempton. A fantastically located Filey holiday apartment, ideal for an enjoyable break. Note: This property is situated across the road (2 mins walk) from ref 22153 and together they accommodate 6 people.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
Gas central heating. Electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi available in on-site pub and leisure centre, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Communal lawned grounds with picnic areas and BBQ. Communal leisure facilities, including free use of large indoor swimming pool, children's pool, sauna and steam room. Charge for gym, beauty treatments, tennis, putting green, snorkelling, sea scooters, fishing, bike hire etc. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop/cafe, pub and pharmacy 3 mins walk. Beach 10 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Fantastic holiday worth every penny.”
- “This was a great week first time at this holiday village.I brought my mother who is 85 and her friend who is76 it was ideal for them being in a ground floor flat.We had everything you could need just like home from home.Thankyou so much will definitely be back as it had been 30 years since I had been to Filey. See you D.Lumb.”
- “Once you find it its lovely!”
- “Having arrived in Filey after a gruelling journey up the a1 we picked up the key from the friendly cheerful folk at Esssential holidays. We then went to the bay, my first impression of the bay was it resembled oneof the edge of town starter home estates you see dotted about. We entered the maze of streets & tried to find our apartment we found the apartment number above & below but not ours in despair we searched then blundered into it. The door is round the back! Please please please put a note in the kitchen/master bedroom window telling people this. Aside from this glitch the site is great with pub cafe & swimmming pool. The apartment was extremely clean & well equipped the kids bedroom was a little small but sufficient to the purpose. The staff are lovely, friendly & helpful in the pool, bar, cafe & reception. There are free activities like shooting & archery during the day & aqua jets or waterwalkers in the pool for a modest charge. Filey Scarborough & Bridlington are only 20 mins car drive away & there are a couple of pubs a (brisk) walk away. In the words of arnie "I'll be back!"”
- “Excellent accommodation in a very good holiday complex.”
- “The Bay complex was dog friendly and the public house and café allowed us to visit. We enjoyed our walks on the Bays private beach.”
- “A cosy bolt hole in an excellent, dog friendly holiday village, very handy for the beach.”
- “The flat was beautiful. The site was lovely and of an excellent standard throughout. Particularly enjoyed the swimming pool, birdwatching in the flower meadows and also the considerate and friendly neighbours opposite. Also impressed with the fact that the site was really dog friendly. The entire holiday was delightful and so relaxing. The beach is beautiful too. There was plenty of interesting things to do in the area as well and lots of information in the flat regarding places to visit. Definitely hope to return.”
- “Location and facilities at the holiday accommodation, I.e. by the beach and an excellent swimming pool with additional activities to keep the children occupied.”
About the location
Scarborough 7.5 miles; Bridlington 11 miles.
Filey is a traditional English seaside resort with a friendly atmosphere, offering a restful holiday. A fishing town on the North East Coast, Filey has enjoyed a reputation of being a resort since Victorian times, set affront the magnificent Filey Bay, a long stretch of beautiful sand, with Filey Brigg and its shallow rockpools to the north. The town itself seems almost caught in a time warp, retaining much of its character with individual shops, narrow paths and ginnels. There is a small coble landing, a slipway where local fishermen keep their boats, plus delightful beach chalets that can be hired through the summer months. The bay is edged with two promenades and there are various gardens, where brass bands play on a Sunday afternoon. This small town is family orientated, with pony rides available on the beach, children’s play areas, crazy golf and candy floss! Nearby, Flamborough Head boasts high cliffs with exhilarating walks and Bempton Cliffs are a haven for bird lovers. A short drive brings you to the busier town of Scarborough as well as plenty to explore and discover in this lovely area.