- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
Filey 3 miles.
An attractive, end-terrace, situated in a modern holiday village development, The Bay, 3 miles from the seaside town of Filey.
Light and airy throughout, this Filey cottage is ideal for families wanting a traditional seaside holiday, but with excellent on-site facilities.
Furnished and decorated to a high standard, this cottage near Filey offers comfortable accommodation with an open plan living area, well-equipped kitchen and French doors opening onto a small, private patio.
Upstairs are two spacious bedrooms and a modern bathroom, whilst the ground floor cloakroom is an added benefit.
Outside this Filey cottage are communal lawned grounds, with two lakes and picnic areas for guests to enjoy, whilst the more active can partake in a game of tennis or a workout in the gym!
There is an excellent indoor swimming pool with a sauna, steam room and beauty parlour, a lovely way to spend a relaxing afternoon.
With bike hire, a putting green and on-site fishing, The Bay has something for everyone.
From this Filey cottage a short walk brings you to a long, sandy Blue Flag beach, which is perfect for families, whilst the traditional resort of Filey has two fine promenades, pretty gardens and a good array of shops, tea rooms and pubs.
Why not hire one of the brightly coloured beach huts for the day or go beach combing in the rock pools on Filey Brigg?
With pony rides, ice creams and candy floss, this delightful seaside town is a must!
The surrounding area has much to offer, with the rolling hills of the Yorkshire Wolds, wild cliff-top walks at Flamborough Head and stately homes such as Burton Agnes Hall and Sledmere House to visit.
A well-placed Filey cottage, with no shortage of things to do!
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with TV, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Open-plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area with French doors to rear patio and sitting area.
Gas central heating. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview and DVD, Xbox and games, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot, highchair and stairgate. Off road parking in car park. Small private patio to rear with furniture and BBQ and communal grounds with picnic areas. Communal leisure facilities including free use of indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room. Optional charge for other facilities including scuba diving lessons, fishing, bike hire etc. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 5 mins walk, beach 15 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Really enjoyed our stay at Hide Tide - beautifully clean and well laid out accommodation, with everything you need. Even had xbox to keep the children entertained, along with Dvd's books and games in case the weather is bad. The Bay is a well maintained site, swimming pool is a bonus and there was even a private beach within walking distance, although no public toilets so a quick trip back to the cottage was required at lunch time. The only downside was no free WiFi at the cottage, and only limited access at the pub/swimming pool. However, a bit of techno'isolation' is not a bad thing really. Would highly recommend this cottage.”
- “Lovely Cottage”
- “We stayed at High Tide in June 2013, and had a wonderful time. the cottage has everything you need for a perfect holiday. it is very well equipped to a high standard. We felt at home and were reluctant to leave,it was very peaceful. It was very clean and ideal for exploring the beaches and towns in the area, would definately go again”
- “Great family holiday cottage”
- “This cottage is beautifully presented and just perfect for a family of 3,4 or 5 if there is a baby in the family. Lots of little things made High Tide perfect for our family such as the stair gate at the top of the stairs,the high chair that sits at the table, the provision of appropriate crockery and cutlery for little ones just made our holiday run more smoothly. The site is great with a lovely swimming pool available to use for free as well as access to the gorgeous beach. Though I will say it is a step climb up so be aware for your return journey that any little ones are not too tired! There is a pub which served yummy food with a simple child's menu and also a shop next door which served rather tasty ice cream. A great location for exploring the beautiful Yorkshire coastal towns of Filey, Scarborough, Bridlington and beyond. We may well be return visitors in the future.”
- “excellant cottage”
- “Lovely cottage,spotlessly clean,with everything you need for an enjoyable holiday.We found the onsite pub friendly with meals that were reasonable and good.”
- “We loved our holiday at High Tide. We couldn't fault it, clean and comfortable and a home from home. Hopefully it won't be too long until our next visit.”
- “This part of Yorkshire is lovely. A wonderful coastline and a great place to stay.”
- “Everything in the cottage was superb; clean and comfortable. The heating was available at any time which was good as the weather was not always kind.”
- “High Tide is an immaculate, cosy cottage set within a pristine development. We made good use of The Bay's swimming pool, and the direct path to the beach was a welcome bonus.”
- “The cottage was beautiful and very clean. We felt very welcome there especially as we have a toddler and the house was toddler friendly with the stair gate, trip trap chair and children's cutlery etc. The Bay is a great holiday village in a good location and the private beach is lovely.”
- “A lovely cottage, modern and spotlessly clean. The Bay complex is excellent for those wanting a quiet break, yet there's much to do at nearby Filey and Scarborough.The pub in The Bay was excellent, with friendly staff and great food. We also found the Royal Oak pub and restaurant excellent with great hosts and a value for money menu. High tide is truely a lovely cottage, having everything you need for a comfortable holiday.”
- “Lovely, clean modern accommodation on a fantastic site. Our third visit to the site, Sykes offer the best service and value.”
About the location
Scarborough 7.5 miles; Bridlington 11 miles.
Filey is a traditional English seaside resort with a friendly atmosphere, offering a restful holiday. A fishing town on the North East Coast, Filey has enjoyed a reputation of being a resort since Victorian times, set affront the magnificent Filey Bay, a long stretch of beautiful sand, with Filey Brigg and its shallow rockpools to the north. The town itself seems almost caught in a time warp, retaining much of its character with individual shops, narrow paths and ginnels. There is a small coble landing, a slipway where local fishermen keep their boats, plus delightful beach chalets that can be hired through the summer months. The bay is edged with two promenades and there are various gardens, where brass bands play on a Sunday afternoon. This small town is family orientated, with pony rides available on the beach, children’s play areas, crazy golf and candy floss! Nearby, Flamborough Head boasts high cliffs with exhilarating walks and Bempton Cliffs are a haven for bird lovers. A short drive brings you to the busier town of Scarborough as well as plenty to explore and discover in this lovely area.