- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Malton 3 miles.
This outstanding, detached property is surrounded by pasture and private woodland, next to the owner's thoroughbred stables in the small hamlet of Eddlethorpe, three miles from the pretty market town of Malton.
Set over three floors, this modern, impressive Malton holiday cottage is ideal for extended families and groups of friends to spend time together, with the added luxury of a heated indoor swimming pool for their own use.
With large and airy rooms throughout, this holiday cottage near Malton provides ample space to spread out.
The spacious, bright sitting room offers a lovely woodburner for cooler evenings, whilst French doors open onto the rear garden.
The country-style kitchen features an exposed brick wall and range cooker, whilst the dining area provides a fabulous social space to sit and discuss the day's activities.
All the bedrooms in this Malton holiday cottage are tastefully styled.
With a ground floor library with a large, comfortable double sofa bed, along with a sitting area, guests are spoilt for choice!
This comfortable, first-class accommodation extends to the outside of this Malton holiday cottage, with glorious grounds to wander around, perfect for alfresco dining and taking in the views.
Why not enjoy an early morning dip in the pool, before visiting the numerous attractions in this lovely area, or watch the horses being groomed and exercised?
The area offers good walking opportunities and local riding schools, whilst Malton has an excellent range of restaurants, tea rooms and pubs, with a regular market day.
Enjoy a memorable day out at nearby Castle Howard stately home - from Brideshead Revisited - with its magnificent gardens and lakes, or take a trip to the historic walled city of York with its famous Railway Museum and Jorvik Viking Centre.
A superb Malton holiday cottage with those extra touches that make a memorable holiday.
Over three floors. Six bedrooms: 1 x first floor double (accessed via staircase from sitting room) with TV and en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x first floor double with basin, 1 x first floor twin with basin, 1 x first floor double, 1 x first floor twin with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC, 1 x second floor twin with sitting area with TV and en-suite bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. First floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Large fitted kitchen with dining area (seats 14). Utility room with basin and WC. Spacious sitting room with woodburner. Library room with double sofa bed. Separate heated indoor swimming pool, with changing room, shower and WC.
Oil central heating with woodburner in sitting room. Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 3 x TVs (Sky TV in lounge), DVD, WiFi, selection of books, DVDs and games. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Ample off road parking. Lawned garden and patio to rear with furniture and BBQ and access to 40 acres of woodland and grounds. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 3 miles, pub 1 mile. Note: Due to the swimming pool and motorised cover, please ensure children are supervised at all times. Note: Stabling available by arrangement - contact owner for details. Note: No stag/hen or similar.
- Last minute
- “Fabulous place”
- “Went with friends and family to celebrate my 60 th birthday and what a beautiful house and place to do it the house is amazing pool lovey and lovely walks can't say anything negative about this place a good place to visit is the Robert E Fuller art gallery at Thixendale well worth a visit and thanks to Dave who was at the end of the phone if needed would certainly go back .”
- “Great location & Property”
- “Our visit to the Trainers house was 18mths in the planning, having to book so far in advance to secure the half term week. with 2 families coming together to celebrate significant birthdays, wedding anniversaries and a long awaited adoption. The group comprised of 4 adults, 1 teenager, 5 children ages 10-2yrs, with visiting adult guest throughout the week. Even before arrival the contacts with both owner Mr Fairley & manger Dave England were excellent, useful& informative. Arranging for an outside caterer Carol Milburn to come in and prepare a celebratory meal for us, contact her on email@example.com or via Dave England. The agreed menu was superb, very informal & friendly, and well priced at £18.50 pp, Carol was a really nice person, who simply kept in the background and prepared & served the meal to the table. On arrival we were given the tour of the property etc, guided around the use of the pool, which the children thought was superb & great for all the family. Accommodation was very spacious, with well proportioned bedrooms, a vast lounge & sitting room. Kitchen & dinning room were well stocked and an abundance of seating with two large tables etc. Dave was very efficient in keeping things going, for example the electric cooker developed a fault with one of the oven switch's, within hours an electrician had visited identified the problem on the Saturday, returning on the Tuesday morning to replace, keeping the log pile & fire wood stocked, never being intrusive etc, and a really pleasant bloke! The people we encountered around the stable block were very friendly, the groom and as well the owners daughter, taking time to talk to the girls about the horses etc, Although Malton is only aprox 90mins drive from our respective homes in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire, I cant imagine why we haven't visited the area before, beautiful countryside, ideal base for trip to York, Whitby on the coast etc. The Mrs & co visited the Verbina Spa for the at Helmsley and had a superb pamper & chill out time, with a visit on a vey wet day to Eden camp, which we all thought was an excellent day out and to experience just a small taste of war time Brittan. The property is clearly looked after, though with high volume of bookings maintenance does become an issue, and in places areas are looking tired, nothing that a good decorating contractor couldn't sort though, filling cracks and emullsioning walls etc. Not a criticism just an observation.”
- “The Trainers House is the perfect place for a large group get together”
- “We had a perfect welcome , with an informative tour of the house from Dave. Wine and flowers on the table. We were all blown away with the house , it literally has everything you need , spacious light rooms,beautiful safe grounds, local walks, divine swimming pool . You really do not need to use the car for the entire stay. The trainers house is the quietest property I have ever stayed in and we are already talking about and planning a return visit. Thank you to all concerned for a truly amazing relaxing holiday.”
- “We took our three children their spouses and our five grandchildren ages between 12 to 2 years . What a fantastic place for all. so spacious plenty of running about without the fear of hurting themselves or damaging any thing. Spotlessly clean throughout and lovely comfy bedrooms. The pool was a huge success for all children would have stayed in all day if left. The horses also added an extra attraction plus the lovely walks into the woods , we came across a badger on one evening walk which was exciting. A very warm informative welcome from Dave with a thorough tour of the house which helped to start the holiday. Many thanks for a pleasant stay would love to go again.”
- “fantastic, spacious accommodation suitable for all ages.”
- “Just come back from a fantastic weekend break with friends. Rooms are clean and very spacious. Six couples stayed in the property and we never felt like we were on top of each other. All rooms and pool were immaculate. David was extremely knowledge and helpful with great recommendations of what to do and where to eat.”
- “Brilliant, Amazing house, friendly owners and perfect for our annual large family holiday.”
- “Magical experience”
- “We received a real welcome including a guided tour and details of local walks and pubs. There was also a couple of bottles of wine, fresh flowers and a welcome card. The house was fantastic, real luxury and comfort. So convenient for a family of 14 of mixed ages. There was nothing that we needed that was not there. The children of course loved the swimming pool, we older folk enjoyed the super lounge and the private bedroom for granny and grandad. What we liked least was having to leave at the end of the week. We could not fault anything.”
- “The Trainer's House is a big house, it had a very lived in feel and was very homely and very warm. We liked everything about this lovely house .”
- “We had a fabulous time. We were a large party but we all managed to get together in the lounge, there was also plenty of quieter areas for anyone wanting to do their own thing.”
- “The House was amazing, so spacious and relaxing. The pool was fabulous and the garden was brilliant for the dogs and kids to run around in. The location was perfect as a base to explore. All in all a perfect stay, would definitely recommend this wonderful house.”
- “The house had a fabulous layout which was perfect for our family. The children tired themselves out running around the garden and with adventures in the woods, no need for iPads here, plus the swimming pool was an added bonus.”
- “We all used and enjoyed the swimming pool tremendously and were impressed that it was heated above the usual standard. The freedom to roam over many acres of private farmland and walk the canters and woods was an exceptional facility. We made good use of local inns as well as self catering for thirteen persons in the well equipped kitchen. Altogether the best house we have ever leased.”
- “Excellent holiday home and a very warm welcome from the caretaker who was very informative helpful and friendly. The whole family thoroughly enjoyed the spacious accommodation; the garden, stables and especially the pool. Only one down side was that time passed so quickly no one was ready to return home.”
- “The Trainer's House was ideal for our family's holiday get together, with plenty of room to comfortably spread out. Both children and adults really enjoyed the pool, which was well stocked with pool toys. The property is surrounded by beautiful countryside, ideal for walking and Malton is within easy reach for any shopping. All in all we had an excellent stay here.”
- “Had an amazing family weekend. It was a beautiful house with a wonderful pool. Will definitely book again.”
- “The house was lovely and spacious, extremely clean, warm and welcoming. The pool was fantastic for all the family, we had a great time.”
- “The welcome given and assistance given by the owner was excellent. The house is a great venue for a large family gathering, we enjoyed all being together & catering in the large well equipped kitchen. We made a lot of use of the pool, heated very comfortably for January, even with snow outside.”
- “The attention to detail on house content and general items provided was exceptional. There was lots of fridge and freezer space. The pool and all it's added extras was outstanding. The welcome pack was a lovely touch, thank you so much.”
- “The property is spacious, comfortable, well-equipped, the owner has thought of everything. The pool was a super facility and having the horses around was lovely. We were delighted we could take our dog.”
About the location
York 18 miles; Scarborough 24 miles.
The market town of Malton has been the historic centre of Ryedale since Roman times, and has many interesting buildings including the old Corn Exchange and Assembly Rooms. A weekly general market is still held in the town, as well as livestock and farmers’ markets. The Yorkshire Moors are to the north, and the Yorkshire Wolds are to the south, making it excellent countryside for walkers and cyclists. The impressive coastline is just 24 miles away, whilst the historic city of York is an 18 mile journey. A perfect base for touring the attractions of North Yorkshire.