- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
An attractive mid-terraced cottage situated a 5 minute walk from the centre of the pretty market town of Knaresborough, close to Harrogate. Warm and inviting, this Knaresborough cottage provides a perfect base for touring this beautiful area. Well-presented throughout, this Knaresborough cottage retains character features with stripped floors, pine doors and a spacious country style farmhouse kitchen with Belfast sink and range cooker. In the comfortable sitting room there is a cosy electric woodburner-effect fire, whilst upstairs are two tasteful double bedrooms and a bathroom. Outside this cottage in Knaresborough is a small pretty courtyard to the rear, which is a delightful spot to sit with a coffee in the sunshine. A short walk from this Knaresborough cottage brings you to the bustling town centre with a rich array of pubs, quaint tea rooms and eateries, plus you will also find just a two minute stroll down the hill, beautiful riverside walks along the River Nidd and the famous Mother Shipton's Cave. Harrogate, Ripon and York are all within easy reach with numerous attractions such as Bettys tea rooms, York Minster, Ripon Cathedral and Newby Hall with its wonderful gardens. With scenic Dales countryside to explore and a wealth of attractions, this Knaresborough cottage is well placed for a lovely holiday.
Two double bedrooms. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Utility room. Sitting room with electric woodburner-effect fire.
Gas central heating with electric fire in sitting room. Gas range cooker with double oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking on a first come, first served basis in side street 3 mins walk from cottage, 20 mins loading/unloading available on yellow lines outside cottage. Small enclosed courtyard to rear with furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop, pub and river 5 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “GOOD BASE AND COMFORTABLE COTTAGE”
- “Comfortable cottage, everything we needed for our stay. Good location for Knaresborough Town and surrounding area. Good walks from cottage. Parking restrictions.”
- “Great Location, perfect for our week long getaway”
- “We stopped here for a week and it suited us perfectly. Walkable to the town, off road parking nearby and very reasonable. 2 large bedrooms, well equipped kitchen, large lounge and modern bathroom. We have a 2 year old and a 4 year old and didn't have any problems with the house. The only thing I would say is that I couldn't find the DVD player and there wasn't any wifi, but I wouldn't say either were deal breakers. We would stop here again if we were in the area again.”
- “Visiting the family in Harrogate”
- “The cottage was ideal for our needs - close to the town centre and also our family in Harrogate. It was a very cold weekend so it was very helpful to have a warm central heating system and electric fire, The cottage was very well decorated for Christmas and provided us with a welcoming atmosphere. We enjoyed a very peaceful and comfortable environment.”
- “A delightful and comfortable cottage providing an ideal base for our holiday.”
- “This was a brilliant base for our week's holiday with easy access to the coast, the Dales and major cities. We found the cottage fully met all our needs and was a real home from home. From the moment we walked in we felt completely relaxed and the cottage had every amenity we required for self catering. The brochures, guidebook and recommendations left by the owner were excellent and certainly helped us to make the best use of our short but very enjoyable time in Yorkshire.”
- “74 Briggate is a very comfortable cottage with its own unique style. It is beautifully decorated and on walking through the front door you instantly feel welcome. It is well situated within Knaresborough for local shopping and sight seeing as well as being in easy reach of York, Ripon and Harrogate. The owners provided a valuable guest book with instructions for equipment, refuse collections and advice on places to eat, drink and shop. We had a lovely week and would certainly like to come back if we had the opportunity.”
- “The cottage was central for town.”
- “Excellent location. A quaint, slightly quirky cottage which was good for accessing local attractions.”
- “The house was comfortable and welcoming when we arrived on a wet winter evening for the last weekend before Christmas; we could not have asked for more!”
- “It was ideal for our needs of visiting our family in Harrogate. The cottage was ideally located, very warm and welcoming with a very comfortable bed.”
About the location
Harrogate 2 miles; York 18 miles.
Knaresborough is an ancient market and Spa town on the fringe of the Yorkshire Dales, overlooking the River Nidd, and is one of the prettiest towns in North Yorkshire. Its location makes it ideal as a base for touring the stunning countryside of the North Yorkshire Moors and Yorkshire Dales National Parks. For lovers of history, St John’s Church, Knaresborough House and the now-ruined Knaresborough Castle were built by the Normans in around 1100 AD. Other attractions in the town include Mother Shipton’s petrifying well, the Courthouse Museum, "Ye Oldest Chymist Shoppe in England" which dates back to 1720 and the quirky House in the Rock. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy wonderful walks by the river, cycling, climbing, fishing, boating or just sitting and taking in the tranquil atmosphere and beautiful scenery. The town centre has many interesting shops and galleries, and there is a colourful and lively market held on Wednesdays. The fascinating, historic cathedral cities of Ripon and York are close by, as are the Spa town of Harrogate, the great stately homes of Castle Howard and Harewood House, the Cistercian Abbeys of Fountains, Rievaulx and Jervaulx, and the castles of Middleham, Bolton and Richmond.