- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Danby 7 miles. A fabulous detached property, full of character and history!
The Wheelhouse is the result of the imaginative conversion of an old wheelhouse and barn to form a stunning stone-built house near the owner's farmhouse on the edge of the North York Moors National Park.
Great care has been taken to retain original features such as exposed timbers and the huge old beam which once powered the mill stone.
The skeleton of the wheelhouse now forms part of the sitting-room, and is an interesting octagonal shape with windows to three sides to enjoy the views over open farmland to the sea beyond.
Guests will love this warm and welcoming property!
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x ground floor twin. 1 x futon in open gallery area over sitting room (limited roof space). Ground floor bathroom with corner bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Modern, well-equipped fitted kitchen with dining area overlooking stable yard. Spacious but cosy sitting room with gallery area over and woodburning stove. Note: Ramp access - suitable for accompanied disabled.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, video, 2 x stereo/CD
- All fuel, power and logs inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Enclosed rear patio area with garden furniture and BBQ, with views towards sea
- Use of owner's orchard and lawned area to front of house
- Ample parking, with garaging for one car
- One well-behaved dog welcome - this is a working farm and dogs must be under strict control
- Stabling and grazing available for horses (by arrangement)
- Shop 2.5 miles, pub 1 mile.
About the location
Staithes 10 miles; Whitby 15 miles; Guisborough 10 miles.
The village of Danby nestles in the beautiful and peaceful Esk Valley in the heart of The North York Moors. The village has two pubs (both serving food), a bakery and tea room. There is also an excellent National Park Visitor Centre at Danby Lodge – an historic building set in 13 acres of riverside pasture, with facilities which include exhibitions, nature trails and tea rooms. Danby also boasts the ruins of a 14th century castle and the only remaining working water mill on the River Esk. The scenic Esk Valley Railway line runs through the village on its way to Whitby. The quaint moorland villages of Hutton-le-Hole and Lastingham, the market town of Pickering, the City of York and the Yorkshire Coast villages of Staithes, Saltburn and Robin Hood’s Bay are all within easy touring distance.
- Last minute