- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
An attractive stone-built, Grade II listed terraced cottage, ideally situated in the centre of the pretty market town of Pickering.
Lovingly refurbished and full of character and charm, Black Swan Cottage is a superb holiday home, boasting original beams and a cosy sitting room with original stone and brick fireplace with woodburner.
The town of Pickering offers much for the holidaymaker, with a selection of restaurants and inns, good museums, an impressive castle, a steam railway and good trout fishing opportunities.
The property is ideally located for exploring the North York Moors National Park or visiting the lovely market towns in the surrounding area.
With Whitby and Scarborough just a short drive away, this is a great base for all the family, at any time of year.
Over three floors. Two bedrooms: 1 x first floor double, 1 x second floor twin. First floor bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner and sofa bed.
- Gas central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV, DVD, radio/CD player
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking (first come, first served)
- Small, enclosed rear yard with garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 mins walk, pub 1 min walk
- Note: Property is situated on the A170
- As such, there may be some slight road noise
- Note: Stairs in property are quite steep
- Ensure care is taken.
About the location
Kirkbymoorside 7 miles; York 27 miles; Scarborough 18 miles; Whitby 22 miles.
This historic market town, with its full range of amenities and traditional shops, pubs and restaurants, serves as the official gateway to the beautiful North York Moors National Park. Enjoy a ride on the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway, where Harry Potter fans can even explore some of the locations used in the filming of The Philosopher’s Stone! The Beck Isle Museum is also well worth a visit, with its unique collection of black and white photography and displays of rural life. Walkers will be spoilt for choice by the rolling hills, valleys, rivers and abundant wildlife of the North York Moors, whilst the City of York and the Heritage Coast are just half an hour’s drive away. All in all, a wonderful setting for a relaxing holiday.
- Last minute