- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A charming, brick-built mid-terraced cottage, close to the centre of the pretty market town of Pickering, the gateway to the North York Moors National Park.
This traditional Pickering cottage has been tastefully, lovingly renovated, and now provides cosy, comfortable accommodation.
Outside this Pickering cottage is a lovely, sheltered, sunny garden, ideal for relaxing with a glass of wine.
With all the amenities of Pickering on the doorstep, this Pickering cottage makes a really good base, with excellent pubs, tea rooms, shops and a weekly market.
Visit Pickering Castle, enjoy a spot of trout fishing or take a trip back in time on the famous North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway.
Dalby Forest Mountain Bike Centre is a few miles away, for both the beginner and enthusiast.
Surrounded by stunning countryside, picturesque villages and a network of public footpaths, this Pickering cottage has something for everyone, be it cycling, walking, visiting stately homes, or a trip to the seaside.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Living room with electric fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire in living room
- Gas oven and hob, electric grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Parking in car park of Antiques Centre near property at £7 per day or £25 per week
- Alternatively free roadside parking is available on surrounding streets, and limited roadside parking available opposite property on first come, first served basis
- Storage for bikes etc in secure brick outbuilding
- Small, enclosed garden down communal path with garden furniture, covered yard
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk.
Note: Up until 4th January 2016, this property accepts one well-behaved dog. From 4th January 2016, the property will be pet-free.
- Last minute
About the location
Kirkbymoorside 7 miles; York 27 miles; Scarborough 18 miles; Whitby 22 miles.
This historic market town, with its full range of amenities and traditional shops, pubs and restaurants, serves as the official gateway to the beautiful North York Moors National Park. Enjoy a ride on the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway, where Harry Potter fans can even explore some of the locations used in the filming of The Philosopher’s Stone! The Beck Isle Museum is also well worth a visit, with its unique collection of black and white photography and displays of rural life. Walkers will be spoilt for choice by the rolling hills, valleys, rivers and abundant wildlife of the North York Moors, whilst the City of York and the Heritage Coast are just half an hour’s drive away. All in all, a wonderful setting for a relaxing holiday.