- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Games Room
Barker Stakes Lodges
Pickering 1.5 miles. Situated down a country lane, in a small hamlet near Pickering, these log cabins are located on the owner’s 32-acre smallholding, alongside their bed and breakfast business. Surrounded by open countryside, these lovely Pickering holiday lodges provide bright and comfortable family accommodation, with open plan living, dining and kitchen areas, and cosy bedrooms. Tastefully furnished and decorated in a contemporary style, these Pickering holiday lodges offer modern living, each with a decked patio and outdoor seating, as well as shared use of the grounds. With a variety of accommodation across these three Pickering holiday lodges, up to twelve people can be accommodated. Enjoy a stroll around the grounds and meet the dexter cows and chickens, or try your hand at trout fishing on site in Pickering Beck. With swings and slides for the children, and a shared games room with table tennis and pool, these Pickering holiday lodges are ideal for families, with ample walking and cycling opportunities from the door. There is plenty to do in the local area, with the attractive market town of Pickering just 1.5 miles away, with its pubs, tea rooms, shops and its castle and Beck Isle Museum. Take a nostalgic trip on the famous North York Moors Steam Railway, that runs through spectacular scenery to Grosmont, or have a fun-filled day at Flamingo Land theme park, just 5 miles away. The wealth of attractions around these Pickering holiday lodges offer something for all the family, including stately homes, golf courses and wonderful countryside.
A detached Pickering holiday lodge offering three bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room. The open-plan living area of this Pickering holiday lodge is light and spacious, encompassing a fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area, whilst the decked patio outside provides a lovely spot to sit and relax with an evening drink. With a contemporary feel throughout, this Pickering holiday lodge is perfect for families or friends wishing to explore this beautiful area. A delightful Pickering holiday lodge at any time of the year. Note: This property can be booked with Refs 15853 and 16264, together they accommodate 12.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request), 1 x small twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open-plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Shared use of basic games room in barn.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing facilities available on site for small fee, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, iPod dock, selection of DVDs, games etc
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Decked patio with furniture, communal grounds with play equipment
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles
- Note: There are 5 steps up to the entrance of this property
- Note: Check-in 4pm
- Last minute
- “Excellent - lodge beautiful - location wonderful”
- “We have just returned from our holiday with Sue and Steve we had booked the Woodsman Lodge No 3 I can not praise them enough the lodge was fantastic so clean and the beds were like heaven. All the towels were fresh and heaps of them. Sue and Steve made us so welcome being there all the time if you needed anything. Best holiday I have had in the UK and if I was assured that the sun would shine all the time I would never go any where else. If you are dog lover Sue and Steve have got it all covered there are wonderful walks just outside of the lodge, so quiet and the dogs have a wonderful time also with the large verandah you can have the dogs sitting out there with you because the verandah is gated. We had our 3 small dogs with us and they loved it lots of good walks We had a fantastic time there and I am now looking to book for next year. The lodges are very close to Pickering where there is lots going on. I would recommed these lodges they are wonderful. Also wonderful for children there is a petting area with goats and horses and plenty of places to run and play. There are also swings and lots of things for children to do”
- “Well appointed lodge, very friendly owners and very relaxing.”
- “The owners are very friendly and helpful. The 3 bedroom lodge was well furnished with one ensuite and a shared bathroom. Tv in every room and a stereo. The kitchen has everything you need. The lodges are set in a field adjacent to the farmhouse which is now a B&B.; The site is about 2 miles from Pickering which has all of the amenities such as shops, pubs and restaurants. We spent 3 nights here in October and thoroughly enjoyed it. We will definitely stay here the next time we visit north Yorkshire.”
- “Loved every minute!”
- “We have just returned from a weekend 'birthday' break at the lodge and it was fab! The lodge has everything needed for a pleasant stay. Had a day on the NYMR railway which was 10 minutes away by car and then a day hiking in Dalby Forest which was also only 10 minutes by car. Great base for Pickering, Dalby, Whitby etc. if your off on your travels.. I would have been happy to just sit and chill in the lodge all weekend and watch the kids play it was so nice! Wish we could have stayed longer.. Will defiantely be back!”
- “The Lodge was in a very quite place just as stated in the brocure,for a change ,and the accomadation was as stated and the bedding was in perfect white. The place is well worth a stay at and we will be going again. Thank you very much.”
- “Fantastic lodge with excellent facilities”
- “Me and my family stayed at the lodge in feb and we had a fantastic time.even though the weather was cold an it snowed the lodge was still lovely,comfortable and warm.The surroundings are perfect if you want to go and chill out as there are lovely views of countryside all around you.The owners were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble.We would defiantly re visit.”
- “Excellent setting, lodge and hosts. Felt really relaxed as soon as we arrived.”
- “Very friendly and welcoming hosts, seemed to have thought of everything to make our stay relaxing and enjoyable. We will definitely stay again”
- “The Lodge was in a good place to access the places we wanted to go. I alsoI had two dogs and was very pleased that there was a gate on the deck and some where to exercise them. I would book this lodge again. It was nice also that you could take dogs into eating places.”
- “The Lodge was perfect, so clean and the owners so helpful. I will definitely be back. Perfect holiday and our dogs were made welcome with lots of space for dogs to run. We had a wonderful time and there is lots of room for children to play. I will be booking our next holiday in the lodge very soon. We had a wonderful time and are looking forward to going back.”
- “The lodge was comfortable with plenty of bedding and towels. Heating was very good. Everything included. Quiet and very comfortable.”
- “The owner of the property was very helpful on our arrival. pointing out walks directly from the farm along with other places to go. The lodge was lovely and clean and well equipped with everything we needed. The hose at the side of the lodge was particularly useful when you have a Springer who enjoys the mud and water. We would definetely recommend this lodge to our family and friends and we are already planning our return!”
- “Both the lodge and location were impressive and excellent value for money. The hosts were very friendly and welcoming. Would definitely recommend and revisit.”
About the location
Kirkbymoorside 7 miles; York 27 miles; Scarborough 18 miles; Whitby 22 miles.
This historic market town, with its full range of amenities and traditional shops, pubs and restaurants, serves as the official gateway to the beautiful North York Moors National Park. Enjoy a ride on the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway, where Harry Potter fans can even explore some of the locations used in the filming of The Philosopher’s Stone! The Beck Isle Museum is also well worth a visit, with its unique collection of black and white photography and displays of rural life. Walkers will be spoilt for choice by the rolling hills, valleys, rivers and abundant wildlife of the North York Moors, whilst the City of York and the Heritage Coast are just half an hour’s drive away. All in all, a wonderful setting for a relaxing holiday.