- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
Potto Fields Farm Cottages
Stokesley 6.5 miles. These two attractive brick and pantile cottages are situated around a lawned courtyard, next to the owners’ small livery yard, within the hamlet of Potto, just over six miles from the town of Stokesley. Sympathetically converted from former farm buildings, these single-storey Stokesley cottages provide quality accessible accommodation with modern facilities, and are ideally suited for those wishing to explore both the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors National Parks. With panoramic views over rolling countryside, these cottages near Stokesley have a communal walled garden with lawns and patio, plus the shared games room across the courtyard is an excellent place to relax on rainy days. Stokesley is a vibrant centre offering a wide range of pubs, shops, tea rooms and a regular farmers’ market. This beautiful area is ideal for walking or cycling, plus the historic market towns of Northallerton, Yarm and Thirsk (famous as the home of James Herriot) are all within 20 minutes’ drive. These two Stokesley cottages are superb bases for families at any time of year.
Offering cosy and comfortable accommodation, this single-storey, character Stokesley cottage features an open-plan living area with a woodburning stove, dining area and modern kitchen, along with two welcoming bedrooms and a bathroom.
Set in a tranquil setting, this Stokesley cottage has wonderful views towards the Cleveland Hills.
Note: This cottage is situated within the same courtyard as ref 13981 and together they accommodate 8 people.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open-plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. External shared games room.
- Calor gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage
- Shared use of external games room with pool table and table football
- Shared walled garden with lawn, patio, furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1.25 miles
- Note: Guests are welcome to bring their own horses by prior arrangement
- Note: Electric car charging point available at an additional charge (please bring own cable)
- Contact the owner prior to arrival if you wish to use it
- Note: This cottage has a level ramp to the entrance, wide halls and doorways, meaning that it may be suitable for wheelchair users and those with limited mobility
- Contact the owner for more details.
- Last minute
- “lovely cottage”
- “we stayed here for 4 nights at cooper cottage, in a lovely setting not far from stoksley and north yorkshire moors. The cottage was immaculate can not fault it in any way, very comfortable and the owner very friendly . I would return to this cottage and may well go back next year, cosy and warm with the added bonus of a log burner which we used only one night as you didnt really need it with the central heating. very clean and there was lots of lovely walks nearby . has everything you need for a welcoming comfortable stay .”
- “Relaxing stay in a comfortable yet stylish property”
- “This was our second stay at Cooper Cottage. We were drawn back by the caring service we received last time and were impressed once more by the welcome we received and the standard of the facilities. There are so many lovely little details in presentation that raise the bar for holiday lets. Potto is a lovely rural setting yet handy for the a 172 which gives access to all sorts of places - from the North York moors to Middlesbrough (great for visiting student family members!)”
- “Tasteful cottage with lovely countryside around it”
- “This cottage has been converted from out buildings and the quality of the furnishings was high and we had a very comfortable and warm stay on a blowy week in October. We had some lovely walks into Potto where there is a fabulous pub and we'd stay again. The kitchen area was fine for a few days but didn't have much work space and we didn't use the electric hob much. The bathroom was spacious and immaculate, likewise the two bedrooms. The cottage is fairly remote so you have to drive about 3 miles to get provisions. There are some toys in an outbuilding also used by people who have horses stabled at the farm, but they were a bit basic and some couldn't be used as bits were missing e.g. the air hockey table. There are electric charging stations for those with electric cars!”
- “felt like home.”
- “we loved the stay at cooper cottage as our boys did too. the owners were very friendly and made us fill very welcome. the cottage is clean and the beds were very comfotable. good price.”
- “A very well presented cottage with good facilities, excellent heating and in a great location for exploring the local area. The owner was particularly welcoming and informative.”
- “What a lovely converted barn. The property is very well presented with all the luxuries you could want, the log burner is a particularly nice touch. I will be looking to book again in the near future.”
- “Had a good holiday everything went well and was nice and clean. Greeted by the owner who showed us around and made us feel very welcome. A very good week.”
- “Cooper Cottage was spacious and all on one level which made it easy to access. There were comfy beds and lots of hot water. The area was very quiet and there were lots of walks locally. The owners gave us a lovely welcome.”
- “Lovely accommodation and beautiful location, with a lot of amenities and places to go within easy reach. The reception by the owner was friendly and helpful. I'm sure that we'll be back as long as we can get the dates we need.”
- “It was a perfect cottage. It was our second stay there, not disappointed.”
- “Absolutely loved the cottage and we are planning to book to come back again soon. The cottage was a real find, and it really helped to make the weekend very special. Everyone relaxed from the moment they walked into the cottage - it immediately has a lovely atmosphere. It couldn't really have been better.”
- “Would recommend the property to anyone.”
- “A fantastic cottage, had everything you could ask for. It was very clean, modern, warm, cosy and spacious. The owner was very friendly.”
- “The location and the views of the Cleveland Hills. It is an ideal centre for the coast and the lovely North York Moors.”
- “Loved the cottage, beautifully converted to a very high standard in a gorgeous setting. The owner was so welcoming and helpful with any queries we had.”
- “We liked everything about the cottage, it was our granddaughters first holiday together with her Mum and Dad, we were most impressed with the cottage and spent an excellent weekend in comfort, the sound of birds and owls at night was beautiful. close to Dales Towns, so excellent base for touring with Whitby just a few miles drive away, will be planning to come again.”
About the location
Great Ayton 3 miles; Saltburn-by-the –Sea 14 miles.
Stokesley is an attractive, elegant, historic market town which was mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, with many interesting Georgian and Victorian buildings. The River Leven flows through the town and is crossed by the ancient Pack Horse Bridge. Levenside provides visitors with a peaceful riverside walk, well planted with trees, as a contrast to the bustle of the High Street. The town has a distinguished wide cobbled main street lined with Georgian and Regency buildings. It is well served with shops, banks, public houses and restaurants and the weekly Friday markets are held on the main square. Just off the market square is the Church of St Peter & St Paul which has woodwork carved by the Mouseman of Kilburn. Surrounded by the Cleveland Hills and close to the northern edge of the North York Moors, Stokesley provides an ideal base from which to explore the Yorkshire Dales, the heather clad North Yorkshire Moors and the pretty market towns of Great Ayton, Northallerton and Thirsk. The seaside spa resort of Saltburn is 30 mins drive away whilst Whitby is within easy reach.