- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
Potto Fields Farm Cottages
Stokesley 6.5 miles. These three delightful properties consist of two attractive brick and pantile cottages and a detached attractive lodge set in its own paddock, next to the owners’ small livery yard, within the hamlet of Potto, just over six miles from the town of Stokesley. All ground floor, the lodge is situated approx. 50 yards from the other two properties and is accessed via five steps. The two brick cottages have been sympathetically converted from former farm buildings, and provide quality accessible accommodation with modern facilities. The properties are ideally suited for those wishing to explore both the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors National Parks. With panoramic views over rolling countryside, the two brick cottages have use of a communal walled garden with lawns and patio, plus the shared games room across the courtyard is an excellent place to relax on rainy days. The lodge has its own private lawned garden with furniture. Stokesley is a vibrant centre offering a wide range of pubs, shops, tea rooms and a regular farmers’ market. This beautiful area is ideal for walking or cycling, plus the historic market towns of Northallerton, Yarm and Thirsk (famous as the home of James Herriot) are all within 20 minutes’ drive. These three Stokesley cottages are superb bases for families at any time of year.
Offering cosy and comfortable accommodation, this single-storey, character Stokesley cottage features an open-plan living area with a woodburning stove, dining area and modern kitchen, along with two welcoming bedrooms and a bathroom.
Set in a tranquil setting, this Stokesley cottage has wonderful views towards the Cleveland Hills.
Note: This cottage is situated within the same courtyard as Ref 13981 and approx 50 yards from Ref 941626, together they accommodate 12 people.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open-plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. External shared games room.
- Calor gas central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage
- Shared use of external games room with pool table and table football
- Shared walled garden with lawn, patio, furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1.25 miles
- Note: Guests are welcome to bring their own horses by prior arrangement
- Note: Electric car charging point available at an additional charge (please bring own cable)
- Contact the owner prior to arrival if you wish to use it
- Note: This cottage has a level ramp to the entrance, wide halls and doorways, meaning that it may be suitable for wheelchair users and those with limited mobility
- Contact the owner for more details.
About the location
Great Ayton 3 miles; Saltburn-by-the–Sea 14 miles.
Stokesley is an attractive, elegant, historic market town which was mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, with many interesting Georgian and Victorian buildings. The River Leven flows through the town and is crossed by the ancient Pack Horse Bridge. Levenside provides visitors with a peaceful riverside walk, well planted with trees, as a contrast to the bustle of the High Street. The town has a distinguished wide cobbled main street lined with Georgian and Regency buildings. It is well served with shops, banks, public houses and restaurants and the weekly Friday markets are held on the main square. Just off the market square is the Church of St Peter & St Paul which has woodwork carved by the Mouseman of Kilburn. Surrounded by the Cleveland Hills and close to the northern edge of the North York Moors, Stokesley provides an ideal base from which to explore the Yorkshire Dales, the heather clad North Yorkshire Moors and the pretty market towns of Great Ayton, Northallerton and Thirsk. The seaside spa resort of Saltburn is 30 mins drive away whilst Whitby is within easy reach.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute