- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful first floor apartment set in one of the finest Grade II listed buildings in the heart of the historic city of Ripon.
Fully renovated, this Ripon self-catering apartment provides ideal holiday accommodation for exploring the many delights of this historic location.
Decorated and furnished to a high standard, this lovely self-catering apartment in Ripon has a light and airy, modern feel, and provides very comfortable family accommodation.
The useful ground floor entrance hall leads up the internal staircase to the sitting room of this Ripon self-catering apartment.
There is also a dining area in the sitting room, a well-equipped kitchen, three cosy bedrooms and a bathroom.
Outside this self-catering apartment in Ripon there is private parking for two cars, and a pretty, shared courtyard, ideal for sitting out and enjoying a glass of wine.
Strolling around the city is a real delight, with its impressive cathedral, fascinating museums, quaint pubs, interesting shops, homely tea rooms and fine restaurants.
Nearby Harrogate boasts a wide variety of quaint pubs, tempting restaurants and colourful antique shops, whilst the magnificent Turkish Baths, old theatres, and Betty's tea room - overlooking Montpelier Gardens - are not to be missed.
With beautiful countryside to explore, and heritage houses and castles to visit, this is the perfect Ripon self-catering apartment for a city break with a difference.
Note: This property is above ref 6824 and together they accommodate 8 people.
All first floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with shower over, basin and WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen. Sitting room with electric fire and dining area.
Electric central heating with electric fire in sitting area. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, WiFi. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Private off road parking for 2 cars. Secure parking for motorbike and bicycles. Shared courtyard with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops and pubs less than 1 min walk.
- Last minute
- “Not just "will", AM doing it again.”
- “Stayed at Cathedral Way for two weeks starting in late July, extending into August (2014). Very nice accommodation for up to six easily. Three nice sized bedrooms, comfortable living space, small but well-done dining area. Furnishings were of nice quality and all the kitchen goods were of good quality and in good condition. Only exception, knives could do with a good sharpening. TV and internet were very well done though there were some dead spots for internet - moving just a little fixed all that. Entry is directly off a not-quite-main street so very easy to get to the market square and only moderate street noise and very quiet at night. There were a couple of "glitches" - light bulb burned out in spectacular fashion - but the slightest thing that wasn't perfect was fixed immediately. Owner checked in with a couple of times to ensure we had everything we needed and offer more towels, etc. should we like. This is an older but very well cared for building. Stairs to the upper unit can be daunting and there are steps within the unit itself so if mobility is an issue think twice. The downstairs unit, though smaller, is more suitable for anyone troubled by stairs. We have booked the lower unit (Cathedral Mews) for a Christmastime break. It was the pleasure of our July/August stay that convinced us to make the trip especially from The U.S. for the ambiance of Ripon and the holiday lodgings.”
- “A really wonderful place to stay.”
- “Given the nature of my job, we regularly hire holiday lets and by comparison to most this was excellent. First, it has the advantage of being quite literally in the centre of town, so all the shops, restaurants etc are within very easy walking distance. We were also delighted to have our own allocated parking space which made matters considerably easier. The interior of Cathedral Way was clean, modern and stylish. The weather when we were there was not too good, so it really was a pleasure being able to return to such an agreeable accommodation. The bedrooms were warm and the beds extremely comfortable. We were charmed by little things, such as a welcoming bottle of wine or sufficient tea bags to see us through our weeks stay. My only criticism is that if you are especially tall, you needed to take care of one or two beams throughout the property.”
- “Best Self Catering Ever”
- “Photos do not do justice to this apartment. It is spotlessly clean and everything you need and more is provided and in excellent condition. Beds are fresh and comfortable and you could not find softer and fluffier towels. The location is very central and only one minute from the centre of Ripon and as an added bonus has its own parking. Quirky and character building and could not recommend it more.”
- “great place to stay and visit”
- “Apartment was very nice and right in the heart of ripon. Plentyof fishing walking cycling and great places to visit lically too.”
- “Cannot say enough good things in one sentence”
- “Apartment is clean, comfortable and has everything you will need. It also has plenty of little extras which show that the owner goes that extra mile for guests, there are board games, plenty of DVDs, free view tv and good information on local restaurants/pubs/attractions. We enjoyed our stay so much that I was tempted to leave no review so it would be easier for us to book in future, but honesty is the best policy. The location in the centre of Ripon is ideal with several good restaurants within easy walking distance. Marios is excellent both service and food and very reasonably priced. Can't wait for our next visit, and this time I will take bikes for the miles of cycle paths and a fishing rod for the local rivers.”
- “Great base for touring the Dales!”
- “Cathedral Way is a lovely modern apartment right in the centre of Ripon with every mod-con you could need - three comfy bedrooms, a good hot shower, freeview tv and two parking spaces, all within walking distance of the Market Place. Thoughtful touches like cosy throws and a welcome tray. There's lots of literature on attractions, plenty of books to read and some games and the use of the little courtyard garden. All in all a perfect comfy and warm retreat after a day exploring the area. I can highly recommend this property, it was a real home-from-home.”
- “Beautiful, central flat in Ripon”
- “We had a wonderful stay in Cathedral Way. Nothing was too much trouble for the owner and she made sure our stay was special with a great welcome basket of goodies. The rooms were beautifully furnished and everything had been thought of, a great range of Dvds and local tourist information. The car parking in the centre of town is great and being just off the Market place means a wonderful variety of restaurants on a 2-3 minute walk of the front door. If you are budget conscious the supermarket is off the square and the cooking facilities are great too. It is a wonderful spot to take off into the Dales and a days drive to go into the Yorkshire moors.”
- “We couldn't have asked for more in Cathedral Way - great apartment (actually its much bigger than I expected), well furnished with clean, modern furniture and really close to pubs, restaurants and, in our case, the diamond jubilee celebrations in Ripon's market square. Lots to do nearby. The only downside of this apartment is that I am quite tall at 6'5" so the low doors and beams were testing at times, but that would not put me off visiting again.”
- “It was a really great flat; well equipped, very central and in a great part of the country.”
- “The accommodation was very central to Ripon and convenient for all the amenities. Everything we needed was available in the property. There is plenty of space in all the rooms.”
- “Property was spotlessly clean and very attractive and comfortable. Location was just perfect for centre of Ripon.”
- “Lovely welcoming and very clean, town square on doorstep .A lovely way to spend New Year.”
- “Very central location, comfortable apartment well equipped very helpful owner. Secure parking. Very cosy.”
- “Great location and high standard of presentation and equipment.”
About the location
Masham 9 miles; Harrogate 12 miles.
Dominated by its imposing cathedral, the historic city of Ripon has a great deal to offer visitors - the Cathedral with its 1300 year old crypt, the Yorkshire Law & Order Museums, various craft markets, an International Music Festival and Ripon Races; not to mention the many beautiful riverside and canal walks. Even the famous Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Water Garden are within walking distance along the banks of the River Skell and it is just a few miles to the popular Lightwater Valley Theme Park with its Factory Shopping Village. The historic houses of Norton Conyers and Newby Hall & Gardens are also close by. If you do feel the need to get in the car and explore, Ripon is ideal for touring both the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors, not to mention Harrogate, Knaresborough and York too!