- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A cosy, modern, mid-terrace cottage, built on the site of an old corn mill in the popular village of Ruswarp, 1.5 miles from Whitby.
Lovingly furnished and decorated, Lavender Cottage offers very comfortable accommodation throughout, with bright, sunny rooms, a galley-style kitchen and cosy sitting room with gas fire.
Outside is a small front terrace on which to enjoy a drink after a day exploring the coast or moors.
The village of Ruswarp has excellent amenities, including a pub, local shop and superb butcher's.
There is also rowing on the river, a 9-hole golf course and a miniature steam railway!
Enjoy the fishing port of Whitby, with its winding streets, famous abbey and wonderful fish and chips, or explore the stunning North York Moors and spectacular coastline.
A great location, at any time of the year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x small 4' double (access from one side only). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted galley-style kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fire in sitting room
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV, DVD, radio/CD player
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot
- Off road parking and garage for 2 cars
- Small front terrace with garden seat
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: This property accepts a maximum of 4 people including infants.
- Last minute
- “Relaxing and delightful.”
- “This was our third holiday rent with Sykes and we were not disappointed. The cottage was in a delightful little village,in a quiet cul de sac, within easy reach of Whitby and surrounding areas. The property itself was ideal for our needs. Clean, comfortable and well appointed, the only shortfall was no laundry provision. For guests whose sleep patterns differed, the floor upstairs proved to be very noisy, with the creaking floorboards.This wouldn't however, prevent us from re booking at a future date. Overall, as per my 5 star rating, we were very pleased we rented this property and have no hesitation in recommending this and Sykes in general to friends and colleagues.”
- “Great Cottage, Great Location.”
- “An ideal location for exploring Whitby, Scarborough and the Moors. Situated in a quiet village 2 miles from Whitby, this has the advantage of not being 'out in the sticks' but remote enough to avoid the traffic and parking hassle of Whitby. The cottage itself is modern and well appointed. It's ideal for a family of 4 if your kids are young, as they have to share a bed. It was a lovely surprise to find milk and wine in the fridge on arrival, when you arrive you want to settle down and not worry about where the nearest shop is.”
- “Excellent Cottage Great Location”
- “My wife and I had a great holiday in one of our favourite parts of the country, we were more than plesed with the cottage which we found to be very clean,comfortable, and is idealy situated for all the local coastal and moorland places of interest,park your car at the cottage and use the bus and train service both of which are on the doorstep. The village of Ruswarp has a decent local pub, who serve up no nonsense good food at reasonable prices, and we can thoroughly recommend Jacksons the local butcher ( try his bacon baps for breakfast Superb ) Next time we visit the area Lavender Cottage will be our 1st choice.”
- “cosy and warm”
- “Easy to find, clean and cosy, home from home really. Everything you would need and possibly more. Only let down was local shop, which didnt seem to have much in”
- “Quiet location just outside whitby”
- “It was just like walking into your own home all the home comforts and spotlessly clean, cosy and bright well funished. Just about a mile to walk on a pleasent country path into Whitby, train station just across the road and a village pub .Great place to unwind after a coastal walk from whitby to robin hoods bay stunning scenery, Hard to fault.Moblie phone strugled for a signal , But there was a telephone box outside.”
- “great cottage in great area”
- “wonderfull cottage in a great area quiet and relaxing but close to whitby and good for walks a cottage and area i would love to live there”
- “perfect,peacefull retreat.”
- “excellent cottage very quiet excellent location as we dont drive bus and rail links 2 mins away,loved going to the staion and waving at the steam trains,cosy little pub just around the corner and pub/diner just up the road with childrens indoor play area.pitch and put boating etc.went to whitby and scarborough had a lovely break.will definately go again our grandchildren absolutly loved it.”
- “cosy and well equipped”
- “good service key easy to access, cosy home. Local amenities good ie station and bus stop round the corner,local store and brilliant butchers. disliked - no phone signal though there is a phone box over the road, too much crockery and glasses so little place to put your own food. chair covers white so showed the dirt.”
- “Lavender Cottage, Ruswarp nr. Whitby”
- “We enjoyed our stay, the cottage was clean and prepared for our visit. Everything we needed was in the cottage. The parking was easy and secluded. The location was very good, local attractions were easily accessible and we particularly liked the nearby public transport into Whitby eliminating the need to find somewhere to park in a busy town. However we would have liked instruction books left in the cottage for operating equipment, particularly the oven and the combi-boiler as the hot water from the taps was overly hot. Overall we found everything more than satisfactory.”
- “We were very happy with the cottage, everything we needed for a lovely holiday. The location was great it was good to be able to leave the car and catch the bus to Whitby. There are lots of places to visit in the area and have already recommended it to our family.”
- “The location within easy walking distance of Whitby was perfect for us. The house was warm, comfortable and in a nice quiet spot. The kitchen was so well equipped and organized that we used it every evening for dinner. After a long day of seeing the area and long walks, the cottage was perfect to return to for a relaxing evening.”
- “The cottage was clean, tidy and well equipped. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are hoping to go there again.”
- “Lavender Cottage was spotlessly clean and had everything we needed. Excellent stay.”
- “The cottage was very warm and inviting with the owners going the extra mile in decorating it with a very festive feel. The little extras provided, milk and wine, were most welcome. My daughter disagrees with this statement as she wants to keep it a secret and would move into the cottage tomorrow.”
- “The cottage was so homely and Ruswarp is a lovely village and we had a gorgeous Sunday lunch at the local pub. We had a nice scenic walk into Whitby and enjoyed the sights, shops and pubs. All in all a fabulous time!”
- “We had a lovely time at Lavender Cottage. It was very cosy, a home from home. We would definitely go back to this property.”
- “This was our fourth stay at Lavender cottage so this says it all regarding our love for the cottage. The location could not be better and the excellent coastal walks are all close to hand.”
About the location
Whitby 1.5 miles; Robin Hood's Bay 6 miles.
Situated just 1.5 miles inland from Whitby, the small village of Ruswarp lies on the River Esk, with old stone cottages lining the main street. Ruswap has excellent amenities, including a local pub with hand-pulled real ales, a village shop and a renowned local butcher. The Esk Valley Walk runs through the village, and it is an easy 25 minute walk to the centre of Whitby. Ruswarp has a regular bus service, and the single track railway has regular steam trains running through! Enjoy an hour’s boating on the river, take a ride on the miniature train, feed the local ducks, or enjoy a snack at the tearoom. A perfect location for exploring the surrounding coastline and the dramatic North York Moors.