- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Hornsea 3 miles. This charming detached cottage is centrally situated in the small village of Seaton, three miles from the popular seaside town of Hornsea. Offering characterful accommodation finished to a high standard, this cottage near Hornsea is well placed for exploring the traditional east coast resorts and the rolling countryside of the Yorkshire Wolds. Tastefully furnished, this Hornsea cottage has a cosy sitting room with a warming open fire, original beams and luxurious underfloor heating. The well-appointed kitchen in this Hornsea cottage has a feature alcove hosting a range cooker, and a spacious dining area with island unit. Upstairs in this Hornsea cottage are three pretty bedrooms, one with the added benefit of a large en-suite and its own dressing room. With an additional snug sitting room, this Hornsea cottage has lots of room for all the family. To the rear there is a sheltered enclosed courtyard garden providing a pleasant spot to sit and relax. A short walk brings you to the village pub and shop, whilst there is a network of local footpaths to enjoy. A short drive brings you to Hornsea with its long promenade, attractive garden and wide, sandy beaches. Be sure to walk the margins of Hornsea Mere which offers boat trips, sailing and fishing. Close by is Hornsea Freeport shopping centre, whilst a must is the Bempton RSPB nature reserve. This Hornsea cottage provides an ideal location for a memorable holiday.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double (one with TV, dressing room and en-suite walk-in shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room (seats 5) with open fire. Second sitting room (seats 3).
Oil central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and open fire. Electric range cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Highchair. Off road parking for 3 cars. Bike shed. Enclosed gravelled courtyard with furniture. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 10 mins walk. Coast 3 miles. Note: Cottage is situated on main road, there may be intermittent road noise.
- Last minute
- “A Lovely, charming country cottage!”
- “Welcoming and lovely! Quiet village and a lovely spacious cottage!”
- “Lovely cottage in good location”
- “Spent a very nice week here, The cottage is really nice with plenty of space. Local pub, serving food very close and easy reach of the sea and bigger towns such as Beverley, Bridlington etc”
- “A beautiful cottage, the owner couldn't have been more helpful. The cleanliness and décor was outstanding.”
- “The cottage was wonderful, very spacious, well decorated and homely, the beds were also extremely comfy. The area was lovely and great for exploring! Would definitely recommend to friends and family. Had a fantastic stay!”
- “The accommodation exceeded our expectations and was very comfortable indeed.”
- “A very clean and well equipped property, the owner has thought of everything. A delight to stay in.”
- “It was a lovely property in a central location. A good size for a family.”
- “Village Farm was a great place to stay. Bempton Cliffs was beautiful and an ideal place to see Puffins and Gannets. Hornsea Beach is a short drive and good for an evening stroll with the dogs.”
- “The cottage was better than our expectations. It was warm, clean and well presented. A home from home.”
- “We stayed at this house last year and again everything was perfect. Good beds and the overall cleanliness of the property made the stay quite comfortable.”
- “We had a really fun, relaxed and memorable weekend and are already looking into when we can go again, an absolute gem is this place!”
- “The space, cleanliness, comfort and décor of the cottage was wonderful - one of the very best we have stayed in.”
- “The cottage was a real home from home, with the bonus of a pub serving great food almost next door. It was an ideal base for visiting the area.”
- “Our stay at Village Farm cottage was most enjoyable. Everything about the house was ideal; it was clean, had everything you could possibly want and is located close to Bridlington, Beverly and York. I have already recommended this cottage to friends!”
About the location
Bridlington 15 miles.
The pretty seaside town of Hornsea lies on the East Coast, 15 miles south of Bridlington. This old Victorian resort has long, wide, safe sandy beaches and an attractive promenade with well-kept gardens, ideal for families. The bustling town centre has an old-fashioned feel with a good variety of small shops, pubs and cafes, whilst nearby Hornsea Mere is the largest natural lake in Yorkshire and offers sailing, fishing and boat trips. Hornsea Freeport is popular for shopping, whilst Bempton Cliffs RSPB reserve can be reached in just over half an hour's drive, offering one of the largest mainland puffin populations in Britain. Hornsea is near to Wassand Hall and walled gardens and provides a good base for touring the Yorkshire Wolds, the North York Moors and the East Riding coastal resorts. The historic city of York and The Deep at Hull are within an easy drive.