- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Four superb, stone-built holiday cottages, located on the edge of the village of Sleights, 3 miles from the old fishing port of Whitby. Beautifully appointed, these Sleights cottages offer wonderful accommodation, with open plan living areas with woodburners and glorious views over the stunning countryside of the Esk Valley in the North York Moors National Park. Each of these Sleights cottages has been lovingly styled and furnished, providing luxurious living, with numerous extras such as bath robes, toiletries, slippers, picnic baskets, and even pairs of wellies for the occasional wet day! With underfloor heating downstairs, ceiling surround speakers, iPod docks and internet access, these Sleights cottages boast excellent facilities. Outside, the cottages have private balconies or patios, the ideal spot to soak up the sun whilst enjoying the stunning scenery. Each of the larger Sleights cottages can interlink with the studio let, providing accommodation for 8 people. A short walk brings you to the village centre, with a renowned butcher, local baker's, a village store and fish and chip restaurant. With the local, traditional inn serving food, this is a great location for both families and couples. Explore Whitby with its quaint, cobbled streets and long, sandy beaches, or take a step back in time on the famous steam railway at Grosmont. A wonderful group of Sleights cottages with a wealth of activities all year round.
A superb ground floor studio Sleights cottage with open plan living area and bedroom, underfloor heating and patio doors opening onto an enclosed lawned garden with outstanding views over the Esk Valley. Sleeping two people, this luxurious Sleights cottage provides a perfect romantic retreat with excellent facilities for couples. Note: This Sleights cottage can interlink with Ref. 7314 via a staircase and together they can accommodate 8 people. Note: This cottage is next to Refs. 7314, 7315 and 7317 and together they accommodate 16 people.
All ground floor. Bedroom area with double bed. Bathroom with bath, shower, basin and WC. Open plan studio living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner. Utility.
Underfloor heating with woodburner. Electric oven, gas hob, fridge, washing machine and dishwasher in utility room, TV with Sky, DVD, iPod dock, internet access. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen, towels and bathrobes inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Enclosed, lawned garden to rear with garden furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome, £30 pppw. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 10 mins walk, pub 5 mins walk. Note: This property is accessed by several steps. Note: This owner collects a refundable £100 Good Housekeeping bond. Note: Check-in time 4pm.
- Last minute
- “Beautiful studio, everything you could want is here and then you have the views. The studio is very pretty with the very best quality furnishings and equipment. The garden was perfect for my dog to have a play in, very secure and rolling views to the country. Close to Whitby and easy walking distance to centre of the village with a great pub, bakery and butchers. It was nice thought that the owner called in to see if everything was ok on our first day. Can't wait to book again.”
- “Luxury Retreat”
- “Spend 4 wonderful days at Cowslip Retreat, the accommodation was brilliant, everything you could wish for. The views were terrific and in easy travelling distance from the coast. Would recommend highly.”
- “Amazing !!”
- “When we arrived, we couldn't believe our luck. The cottage was fabulous. There was everything in there that you could possibly need. It was clean and fresh. The view is to die for.The owners were quick to help when we had a little problem with the TV. (It was our fault) I would go back there in a jiffy.”
- “totally delightful, well thought accomodation”
- “Really enjoyed our stay at Cowslip retreat. It is a fully equipped luxury cottage - beautifully clean and welcoming. Excellent location”
- “Idyllic sorry it's only one word”
- “In all my years of staying in cottages in the UK this must rate as the best with presentation and location”
- “Almost Perfect!!”
- “Cowslip Retreat could have been the most perfect place we had ever stayed, When we arrived we were delighted with the quality of the room. The room has everything you could wish for a visit to the North Yorkshire Moors. It should have been the perfect place for us to spend my wife's 50th birthday. Unfortunately the idillic tranquil holiday was somewhat ruined by the lack of sound proofing in the room. Each morning we were woken by the sound of a young child running up and down in the room above. Please don't let this put you off, we were just unfortunate to have a young excitted child running around from 6:00 am each morning. I am some will welcome an early alarm call.”
- “A beautiful cottage in a beautiful location. Small but perfectly formed.”
- “Excellent accommodation and lovely views. We had a very comfortable stay with everything we needed.”
- “Great views and lovely furnishings. Underfloor heating made it feel really cosy”
About the location
Whitby 4 miles.
Sleights is ideal for both a coastal and country holiday. Just 4 miles from the picturesque Yorkshire coastline, it is also on the edge of dramatic moors country, littered with attractive villages and scenery. Though quiet, Sleights boasts two pubs, a fish and chip shop, an antique shop (with cafe), a butcher's, a bakery, a hairdressers and a Post Office. The North Yorkshire Steam Railway terminus is a few minutes’ drive, together with regular public transport to and from the nearby port of Whitby. Whitby lies at the mouth of the River Esk and is ideally situated for exploring this beautiful part of Yorkshire. It is an atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches and, of course, the abbey, reached by the famous 199 steps.