- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Four superb, stone-built holiday cottages, located on the edge of the village of Sleights, 3 miles from the old fishing port of Whitby. Beautifully appointed, these Sleights cottages offer wonderful accommodation, with open plan living areas with woodburners and glorious views over the stunning countryside of the Esk Valley in the North York Moors National Park. Each of these Sleights cottages has been lovingly styled and furnished, providing luxurious living, with numerous extras such as bath robes, toiletries, slippers, picnic baskets, and even pairs of wellies for the occasional wet day! With underfloor heating downstairs, ceiling surround speakers, iPod docks and internet access, these Sleights cottages boast excellent facilities. Outside, the cottages have private balconies or patios, the ideal spot to soak up the sun whilst enjoying the stunning scenery. Each of the larger Sleights cottages can interlink with the studio let, providing accommodation for 8 people. A short walk brings you to the village centre, with a renowned butcher, local baker's, a village store and fish and chip restaurant. With the local, traditional inn serving food, this is a great location for both families and couples. Explore Whitby with its quaint, cobbled streets and long, sandy beaches, or take a step back in time on the famous steam railway at Grosmont. A wonderful group of Sleights cottages with a wealth of activities all year round.
A beautiful ground floor Sleights studio apartment which has been individually styled and furnished to provide top quality accommodation in a superb location.
Ewelands Retreat provides a romantic hideaway for couples wanting luxurious facilities in very comfortable surroundings.
Note: This Sleights cottage can interlink with Ref.
7315 via a staircase and together they can accommodate 8 people.
Note: This cottage is next to Refs.
7314, 7315 and 7316 and together they accommodate 16 people.
All ground floor. Bedroom area with double bed. Bathroom with bath, shower, basin and WC. Open plan studio living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
Underfloor heating with woodburner. Electric oven, gas hob, fridge, washing machine and dishwasher in utility room, TV with Sky, DVD, iPod dock, internet access. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen, towels and bathrobes inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Enclosed, lawned garden to rear with garden furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop 10 mins walk, pub 5 mins walk. Note: This owner collects a refundable £100 Good Housekeeping bond. Note: Check-in time 4pm.
- Last minute
- “What a find, just got back from a short break at ewelands retreat , you won't find a better cottage than this,shear luxury in a great location , loads to explore on the doorstep , can't wait to return,”
- “Ewelands Retreat”
- “A true retreat to spend some quiet time after a day's activity. Superbly presented property in an ideal location for exploring North Yorkshire with unobstructed views across The Esk valley.”
- “This is the most cosy, comfortable accommodation we have ever stayed in. Obviously a lot of effort has gone into making it thus Beautiful views, peaceful and quiet. The off street parking can be a little tight if sharing with larger vehicles. Highly recommended.”
- “top class accomodation”
- “everything was first class and over & above our expectations”
- “Lovely accommodation”
- “Stay was lovely and service good. Location was perfect, beautiful views, lots to do and see. Only one small comment, a little bit noisy at times from neighbouring tenants.”
- “Small but perfectly formed in a great location”
- “Found this property by chance and we're glad we did. Very well finished bolt hole for 2 with everything you could need for a few days away. You're in the countryside one minute and then 10 minutes down the road and you're at the seaside. A walk down the road and you're at the local pub which is very welcoming, and in Sleights village there is also a bakers / deli / tearoom / minisupermarket / fish & chip shop so anything you need and haven't got easily accessible. The guest guidebook which has been prepared the owners is one of the most comprehensive and well presented / useful guides we've ever seen. One of the suggestions was the Wheatsheaf Pub in Egton where the food was excellent. Sandsend worth a visit and lots of lovely walks & villages all close by. Nice little walk at Goathland, which goes to Mallyan Spout waterfall & ends at Beck Hole, where there is a charming little pub (little being the operative word!). We will go back and may look at the other properties so that we can go with friends.”
- “The accommodation was outstanding! First class!”
- “The location and surrounding areas were excellent. The furnishings and cleanliness made it a really comfortable home for our time together. The owner was very nice and helpful and made us feel very welcome. If ever we wish to holiday in that area again we would certainly go back.”
- “This was an absolutely amazing cottage. Excellent standards with all the mod cons you could ever need, a truly a stunning experience, I would fully recommend it.”
- “Amazing property, with so much care and attention to detail. Amazing views! 5 star.”
- “Had the "WOW" factor as soon as we opened the door. We knew then that our holiday would be just as planned. The cleanliness and décor of Ewelands Retreat was outstanding, the view from the patio amazing. We hope to return as soon as possible.”
- “This is a high quality accommodation in a wonderful setting, I cannot recommend this highly enough. My only worry is, will I be able to find anything this good elsewhere??!!”
- “The location of the property was perfect, as was the view over the Esk valley and the accommodation was extremely well presented.”
- “Beautiful views, quiet and peaceful. A real little haven with a homely feel. Well thought out and designed accommodation.”
- “Lovely accommodation with amazing views - felt like home.”
- “This accommodation was very cosy, welcoming and luxurious. Everything we could possibly have needed was provided and the standard of cleanliness and décor was very high. It was a lovely, relaxing place to return to after a day's walking.”
About the location
Whitby 4 miles.
Sleights is ideal for both a coastal and country holiday. Just 4 miles from the picturesque Yorkshire coastline, it is also on the edge of dramatic moors country, littered with attractive villages and scenery. Though quiet, Sleights boasts two pubs, a fish and chip shop, an antique shop (with cafe), a butcher's, a bakery, a hairdressers and a Post Office. The North Yorkshire Steam Railway terminus is a few minutes’ drive, together with regular public transport to and from the nearby port of Whitby. Whitby lies at the mouth of the River Esk and is ideally situated for exploring this beautiful part of Yorkshire. It is an atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches and, of course, the abbey, reached by the famous 199 steps.