- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful, stone-built semi-detached cottage situated on the edge of Sleights, within the North York Moors National Park, three miles from Whitby.
Renovated to a very high standard, this charming cottage retains the original beams and stone fireplace.
With en-suite bedrooms, a private garden and French doors from both the living and dining areas opening onto outstanding views over the Esk Valley and North Yorkshire Moors Railway, this really is the perfect spot to relax and unwind.
The surrounding area offers a wealth of attractions, including a steam railway, horse riding, Whitby with its abbey, cobbled streets and numerous restaurants, and of course famous Aidensfield just up the road!
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with en-suite spa bath, basin, WC & TV, 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin & WC, 1 x 4' double (access on one side only) with en-suite shower, basin & WC. Ground floor laundry room with basin & WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen, dining area with sofa & French doors to balcony. Living room with open fire.
- Central heating with open fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer with ice/water dispenser, dishwasher, washing machine, TV with Freeview & surround sound, DVD, Blu-ray, CD with iPod connection, WiFi, books, games, DVDs
- Fuel, power & starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Welcome pack
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Bike storage
- Enclosed lawned gardens with furniture, splendid views of the Esk Valley, Moors and passing steam trains, BBQ available
- Balcony with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome, £30 pppw
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 10 mins walk, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: This owner collects a refundable £100 Good Housekeeping bond
- Note: Check-in time 4pm.
About the location
Whitby 4 miles.
Sleights is ideal for both a coastal and country holiday. Just 4 miles from the picturesque Yorkshire coastline, it is also on the edge of dramatic moors country, littered with attractive villages and scenery. Though quiet, Sleights boasts a pub, a fish and chip shop, an antique shop (with cafe), a butcher's, a bakery, a hairdressers and a Post Office within a Spar shop. The North Yorkshire Steam Railway terminus is a few minutes’ drive, together with regular public transport to and from the nearby port of Whitby. Whitby lies at the mouth of the River Esk and is ideally situated for exploring this beautiful part of Yorkshire. It is an atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches and, of course, the abbey, reached by the famous 199 steps.
- Last minute