- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A pretty, stone-built end-terraced cottage, in the picturesque village of Slingsby, close to Helmsley and Malton.
This quaint, Grade II listed Slingsby cottage has been lovingly renovated to a high standard and is perfect for couples or small families wishing to explore the beautiful surrounding area.
Small but perfectly formed, this Slingsby cottage is set over three floors, with two tasteful country-styled bedrooms, both beautifully decorated, with a luxurious canopied bed in the double room.
Downstairs in this Slingsby cottage, the cosy characterful sitting room has a beamed ceiling, stripped pine doors and the original cast iron range with an open fire, lovely to sit and relax around on chilly evenings.
The petite galley kitchen is set within the hall, with York stone flags, hand-built cupboards and beech worktops.
Well equipped throughout, this Slingsby cottage provides a comfortable romantic retreat with a small, enclosed front garden with lawn, herbaceous borders and a corner summerhouse; an ideal spot for a morning cup of coffee as you watch village life.
A short stroll brings you to the local inn, famous for good food, good company and excellent refreshments, whilst the village shop sells everyday necessities.
Just 3 miles away is Castle Howard with an estate farm shop, tea room and garden centre.
Also close by are Nunnington Hall and Hovingham village, whilst the historic market towns of Helmsley and Malton offer an array of shops, restaurants and pubs.
With the scenic countryside of the Howardian Hills to enjoy and numerous attractions in the area to discover, as well as great walking and cycling, this Slingsby cottage provides an excellent base for a very enjoyable holiday.
Over three floors. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x second floor twin (1 bed 8" shorter than standard). Second floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and open fire.
- Electric central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, iPod dock, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent, honesty box for extra logs
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Enclosed front garden with summerhouse and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Restricted headroom in kitchen and bathroom.
Note: The owners are offering a complimentary Christmas hamper from Castle Howard for every booking over the Christmas period
- Last minute
- “The cottage was beautiful and cosy, and the log burner was lovely to light in the evenings. The information book was very informative and helpful. On the whole, we have said that the location and cottage are perfect for us and we would definitely book again and for longer.”
- “We loved the cottage. In a fantastic location, with a wealth of walks nearby. Ideally located to visit the market towns of Malton and Helmsley, with York only 40mins away.”
- “A delightful cottage in a wonderful rural setting. Well equipped and maintained throughout. Can thoroughly recommend this property.”
- “We loved the position of the Cottage, the village of Slingsby is very pretty, quiet and has a couple of good shops and a really good pub which serves lovely food. Beecroft Cottage is excellent, really cosy with very tasteful soft furnishings and a cosy feel. The sitting room has everything you need and the main bedroom was a nice size with an extremely comfortable bed. We also loved the summer house which was a nice touch, never had that before in holiday cottages. Also, the surrounding countryside was beautiful, so much so that we did not want to go home and want to live in Slingsby!”
- “It was a beautifully decorated cottage, full of character. We loved sitting out in the front garden and eating out there. It was also great for us that we could lock the bikes away in the summer house.”
- “Great garden to sit out in and in full sun. Quaint cottage and perfect for a fun weekend.”
About the location
Malton 6 miles; Helmsley 10 miles.
The delightful village of Slingsby lies in a wonderful location 6 miles from Malton and 10 miles from Helmsley. With pretty stone cottages lining the main street, the village offers a local inn serving gastropub food and fine hand-pulled ales, and a village shop. Surrounded by the Howardian Hills, Slingsby is an ideal base for walkers, with a good network of public footpaths in the vicinity and beautiful countryside to explore. There are several historic market towns in the area, including Helmsley and Malton, both offering a good array of independent shops, tea rooms and cobbled market squares. With a wealth of attractions close by, including Castle Howard stately home (home of TVs Brideshead Revisited) and Nunnington Hall, both with wonderful gardens to explore, and being central for the North York Moors and steam railway, York and Whitby, Slingsby is an excellent place to stay.