- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A delightful, old fisherman's cottage on the edge of the harbourside in the picturesque, historic village of Staithes.
Lovingly restored to a high standard, this Staithes cottage offers characterful accommodation, perfect for a traditional seaside holiday.
The warm and cosy sitting room of this Staithes cottage boasts original beams and a lovely woodburner, whilst steep cottage stairs lead up to the two country style, pretty bedrooms.
A compact, fitted kitchen and modern ground floor shower room complete this little gem of a property, whilst outside is a small, enclosed patio area, the perfect spot to enjoy the beautiful sunsets and ever-changing seascape.
Both young and old staying at this Staithes cottage will love paddling in the sea, netting in the rock pools and exploring the cobbled streets and narrow alleyways in this charming village.
There are real ale pubs and tea rooms with good food, plus the Staithes Heritage Centre Museum is well worth a visit, with its exhibits and information on Captain Cook, who lived in the village.
The surrounding area from this Staithes cottage is a walker's paradise, with the cliff top Cleveland Way trail affording spectacular coastal views and the wonderful moors to discover.
With easy access to nearby Whitby and many local attractions, this Staithes cottage is an ideal place to stay.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with basin and WC, 1 x twin. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
- Electric panel heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, selection of books and DVDs
- Electricity and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Parking available at car park at the top of the bank, 7 mins walk away (weekly permit £35.00 and day ticket £5.00), load/unload only outside property
- Enclosed front patio with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 mins walk, pub 1 min walk
- Beach on doorstep
- Note: Internal stairs in this property are steep and may be unsuitable for young children or guests with limited mobility
- Note: There is limited mobile phone signal in Staithes.
About the location
Whitby 10 miles.
The charming and sleepy seaside village of Staithes, with its cobbled streets and back alleys, is something of an artist’s dream. Its pretty houses and cottages are clustered around the old harbour and surrounded by high craggy cliffs on three sides and there is a sheltered sandy beach set amongst the rocky coastline. The village can claim connections with Captain Cook who was apprenticed to a draper near the harbour. Nowadays, Staithes is a must for anyone visiting the Yorkshire Coast and has a good selection of pubs, shops and tea rooms. The best views of the town can be enjoyed from the Cleveland Way which runs down the cliffside to the sea’s edge. Altogether a superb base for exploring the Yorkshire Coast, visiting the larger resorts of Whitby or Scarborough and enjoying the moorland villages of the North York Moors National Park.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute