- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
A beautifully presented detached stone property, in the centre of the charming, historic coastal village of Staithes, enjoying wonderful sea views towards the harbour.
Offering first class accommodation, this Grade II listed Staithes cottage has been lovingly renovated to provide a superb holiday home for families or groups of friends, perfect to enjoy time together in a wonderful part of the country.
Blending a wealth of character with modern amenities, this Staithes cottage offers a comfortable, spacious sitting room with a warming open fire set in the original cast iron and carved wooden fireplace.
The modern, well-equipped kitchen of this Staithes cottage has exposed stone walls and a large dining table, providing a lovely sociable space to sit and chat with a morning cup of coffee, whilst the beamed, additional basement games room provides a full-size pool table.
Wonderful age-worn timber stairs lead up to the tastefully-furnished bedrooms, with glorious views over the village and the sea.
With the added luxury of a freestanding slipper bath and wet room, this Staithes cottage exudes quality, with accommodation of real distinction and style.
A couple of minutes' walk brings you to the beach, local inns and shops of this quaint seaside village.
Discover the narrow cobbled streets and alleyways or indulge yourself in the quirky tea rooms.
Children will enjoy exploring the rock pools and paddling in the sea, or for the more energetic, there are breathtaking views from the cliff-top walking trails.
Well placed for visiting numerous attractions such as the steam railway at Grosmont, the Danby Moors Centre and the spectacular scenery of the North York Moors, this cottage in Staithes offers something for everyone.
Over four floors. Five bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double with en-suite wet room with shower, basin and WC, 1 x single, 1 x second floor king-size double leading to 1 x second floor twin. Bathroom with freestanding bath, walk-in shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (seats 8). Utility. Sitting room (seats 7) with open fire. Basement games room with pool table.
Oil central heating with open fire. Electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVDs, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Parking permit for 2 cars for car park at top of bank 2 mins walk from property (can unload/load nearer to property). Small patio with furniture (accessed by several steps). One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop, pub and beach 2 mins walk. Note: Property accessed via several steps. Note: Some restricted headroom on top floor. Note: £30 refundable deposit required for parking permits.
- Last minute
- “Fabulous 5 star cottage”
- “Cannot believe this fabulous cottage has never had a mention on trip advisor before, it is a credit to its owners, who have obviously spared no expense and lovingly brought this cottage up to a very high standard, this is our 7th visit to staithes and we have stayed in several cottages in the few years we have been visiting, either as a couple or with extended family. This occasion we travelled with family, four couples and the dog. The cottage is spacious, warm, clean, comfy, very homely, extremely well equipped and sooooooo beautiful. We have had champagne breakfasts sat around the large dining table, had ladies verses men pool tournaments on the fab pool table in the basement. We have laughed until we,ve cried and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this cottages warmth. So much so we will be booking again for next year without trawling the pages of accomodation on offer in this area. the owner of this cottage deserves 10 out of 10 for customer satisfaction, because it's a ten from Len”
- “Very cosy well equipped house in a fabulous location with wonderful views. The location is very quiet and peaceful. Would definitely book again.”
- “A lovely house with comfortable sofas and no clutter. The rooms felt bright and everywhere was clean. We would like to return next year if you'll have us!”
- “This house is amazing, the pictures don't do it justice. Its breathtaking views are perfect. The pool table is a brilliant feature. We had fun and our 3 year old loved it, a definite holiday to go back to.”
- “The situation of the house is really superb. The pool table was always fun for everybody and the open fire in the living room. A really very, very nice, cosy, warm place to stay.”
- “Was a lovely homely cottage great for family and friends. The views were fantastic. Enjoyed the open fires and pool table.”
- “Location of York House overlooking the harbour, what a view to wake up to. Went for a chilled week & got that”
- “We loved all the art work in the cottage. The bed and bedding were really nice crisp, smelt nice and clean. The caretaker was very approachable and very friendly and helpful.”
- “York House is in a fantastic location. Unusually for Staithes it is a large detached house, with no house on the opposite side of the road, giving beautiful views from many rooms. The House is spacious, clean and furnished to a high standard. Look forward to a return trip.”
- “A beautiful and comfortable property, very well presented and with the most fantastic views of Staithes. Very well equipped for a family holiday - just sad to have to leave it behind! The weather was excellent and so many great things to do within a stones throw. Already talking about when we can return!”
- “The location was breathtaking. This holiday was everything we wanted and most of all, needed. We now feel fully recharged. I am going to remember this holiday forever, it really was amazing.”
- “York House was perfect, we loved the view, proximity to all amenities, and we especially loved the pool table. Will definitely book again.”
- “The house is beautiful, the kitchen, bedrooms and particularly bathrooms are gorgeous and so well decorated! The living room is functional but loads of seating so very comfortable and the fire was a great addition. Love the pool room too. The area is brilliant, so much to do. Great kitchen for cooking. The beds were excellent. It was very well priced and informative with the pack about the house and area. Thank you!”
About the location
Whitby 10 miles.
The charming and sleepy seaside village of Staithes, with its cobbled streets and back alleys, is something of an artist’s dream. Its pretty houses and cottages are clustered around the old harbour and surrounded by high craggy cliffs on three sides, with a sheltered sandy beach set amongst the rocky coastline. The village can claim connections with Captain Cook who was apprenticed to a draper near the harbour. Nowadays, Staithes is a must for anyone visiting the Yorkshire Coast and has a good selection of pubs, shops and tea rooms. Staithes is still home to an RNLI lifeboat station and a small fleet of cobles (fishing boats) landing fish, crab and lobster, with boat trips for birdwatching, fishing and even whale watching available. It’s also the location of the popular BBC children’s TV series, Old Jack’s Boat. Staithes has a strong attraction for artists, with an annual Art and Heritage Festival, galleries and artists studios with art courses and workshops regularly on offer. There’s a free Illusion Trail, which guides visitors around the network of ginnels (alleyways), with trail guides available locally. The best views of the town can be enjoyed from the Cleveland Way which runs down the cliff to the sea’s edge. Altogether a superb base for exploring the Yorkshire Coast, visiting the larger resorts of Whitby or Scarborough and enjoying the moorland villages of the North York Moors National Park.