- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
An elegant three-storey maisonette set within a Georgian terraced property in a quiet area of central Whitby.
This spacious, well-appointed Whitby cottage is ideal for families wishing to explore this delightful seaside town.
Tastefully renovated, this Whitby cottage boasts high ceilings and stripped pine doors, along with a comfortable sitting room with dining area, a well-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar, three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
From this Whitby cottage, a short stroll brings you into the heart of this vibrant historic port, with long sandy beaches, quaint streets and an excellent selection of restaurants, tea rooms and inns.
Explore the picturesque harbour which lies beneath the atmospheric Whitby Abbey standing on the headland offering panoramic views of the coast.
The surrounding area has something for everyone including the stunning North York Moors, the fascinating Jurassic Coastline and pretty coastal villages, such as Staithes and Robin Hood's Bay.
This Whitby cottage is in a wonderful location for exploring the Moors and beyond.
Over first, second and third floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x 2nd floor family room with 1 king-size double and 1 single bed, 1 x 3rd floor double, 1 x 3rd floor single. First floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Second floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. First floor fitted kitchen with breakfast bar. First floor sitting room with dining area and gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Roadside parking available in the surrounding area, on a first come, first served basis
- A parking permit is required to park on the road and this can be obtained for free from the owner
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: There is limited headroom at the doorways into the 3rd floor bedrooms.
- Last minute
- “Fantastic cottage loads of stairs but kept us fit lol it was clean and very local to everything great to be able to park outside with the permit from the owners great bonus loved the stay here and seriously have nothing bad to say about it would recommend it to anyone pictures of the top floor rooms loved there quantness but we never used them as there was just two of us staying”
- “home from home”
- “i wanted to personally thank the landlord for the use of his holiday home, He was friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The house is well furnished and to a high standard, the three flights of stairs keep you fit, it is in a perfect location. the only down side was the noisey seagulls!!! the parking voucher was a bonus and thankyou, we have had a lovely holiday and would deffo book it again”
- “Central, quiet, perfect”
- “We were a group of 5 and this cottage was perfect for us. We know Whitby very well and this place is centrally located but off the main street meaning it is situated in a quiet spot and we weren't disturbed by other Goth revellers during the wee hours. The kitchen is well equipped and with 2 bathrooms this place is very comfortable and was spotless for our visit. There are lots of quirky features in the house, low beams on the top floor and a elf size recess halfway up the staircase - which amused us no end. Also check out the small doorway in the kitchen that leads to...? Very nice would definitely stay again.”
- “The size of the rooms and the location were great. The kitchen was well designed and we liked the character of the cottage, the bedroom again was an excellent size and the bed was comfortable.”
- “Fireman's Rest is a LOVELY cottage and very well situated.”
- “Fireman's Rest was a lovely house. I would recommend fireman's Rest to any holiday maker going to Whitby.”
- “An excellent location in centre of Whitby. The house had lots of character and was comfortable.”
- “Excellent stay and so handy for Whitby town centre.”
- “Very comfortable cottage in a good location, convenient for everything you want in Whitby.”
- “The location and standard of the are both house very good, lovely period features.”
- “The house is in a great location, a short stroll to the beach. It was very clean and well equipped, kitchen was spotless. Beds and sofa were comfy, lovely gas fire in the front room, very snug on those chilly evenings. Bathrooms were great with excellent power shower over the bath downstairs. Quirky touches to the house, low beams upstairs, interesting alcove area over the stairs! Dog friendly house also. Great location for nearby facilities, lots of quirky shops in the Whitby town centre. We certainly had a very restful time at the Fireman's Rest. Will definitely return.”
- “Great location, lovely big house with ideal space for all of us.”
About the location
Robin Hood's Bay 6 miles; Scarborough 19 miles; Pickering 20 miles; Guisborough 22 miles.
The ancient fishing port of Whitby lies at the mouth of the River Esk and is ideally situated for exploring this beautiful part of Yorkshire, with its superb coastline and close proximity to the spectacular North York Moors. Whitby is a charming and atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches and of course the Abbey, reached by the famous 199 steps.