- Open fire
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful stone terraced cottage hidden away in one of the quaint, narrow yards in the centre of the historic town of Whitby.
Originally an old fisherman's property, the cottage appeals to anyone wanting a traditional seaside holiday with all the amenities on the doorstep.
Set over three floors, this warm and welcoming cottage retains much character with beamed ceilings, stripped pine doors and winding cottage stairs.
Furnished with a homely feel, the cosy sitting room boasts the original inglenook fireplace, hosting an inviting open fire, whilst the small, galley kitchen offers a Belfast sink and wooden worktops.
Within a couple of minutes' walk are local pubs, interesting independent shops, excellent restaurants and tasty tea rooms.
Explore the cobbled streets down to the harbour, enjoy the wonderful, long sandy beaches or take a bracing cliff top walk from Whitby Abbey.
With the dramatic coastline and the spectacular North York Moors to discover, this cottage provides a good base, all year round.
Over three floors. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x second floor twin. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and open fire.
- Gas central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Short stay car park 50 yards away, long stay car park 10-15 mins walk (Nov-Feb council car parks are free of charge, March-Oct max charge £7.50 for 24 hours)
- Long stay parking pass available from Tourist Information
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 min walk
- Beach 5 mins walk
- Note: There are steep cottage stairs leading to the second floor bedroom and some restricted head room
- Note: The cottage is down a narrow alleyway and a greengrocer has pedestrian access for deliveries to their store room.
About the location
Robin Hood's Bay 6 miles; Scarborough 19 miles; Pickering 20 miles; Guisborough 22 miles.
The ancient fishing port of Whitby lies at the mouth of the River Esk and is ideally situated for exploring this beautiful part of Yorkshire, with its superb coastline and close proximity to the spectacular North York Moors. Whitby is a charming and atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches and of course the Abbey, reached by the famous 199 steps.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute