- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A superb, Georgian end-terrace house in the heart of Whitby.
This spacious property, retaining a wealth of original features, boasts stained glass windows, high ceilings and period doors and fireplaces.
Two staircases lead up to each floor, one a secret back stairway, originally used by the servants!
Tastefully furnished and decorated, this light, airy accommodation provides a comfortable and extremely convenient base for exploring this old fishing port, strolling around the harbour and cobbled alleyways, or sampling the restaurants and pubs.
With long sandy beaches 5 minutes' walk away, this makes for a wonderful family holiday.
The surrounding area offers attractions including the dramatic moors, fishing villages, the steam railway and a visit to Aidensfield - Heartbeat country!
A wonderful Whitby cottage.
Over three floors. Five bedrooms: 1 x family room - king-size double, single day bed, en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x family room - twin beds (can be super king-size double) & single bed, 1 x twin, 1 x 2nd floor double, 1 x 2nd floor twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin, WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin, WC. 1st floor basin & WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Utility room. Sitting room (seats 9) with gas fire. 2nd sitting room (seats 9) with open fire.
- Gas central heating on 2 floors, gas fire in sitting room, open fire in 2nd sitting room, Dimplex radiators on 2nd floor
- Rangemaster electric oven, 5-ring gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 4 x TVs, 2 x DVDs, radio/CD player, WiFi
- Fuel, power & initial supply of logs inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Travel cot & highchair
- Off road parking for 3 cars, plus roadside parking (permit required, available to purchase from owner at £4 per week)
- Small, enclosed courtyard with furniture
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop & pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £150.
- Last minute
About the location
Robin Hood's Bay 6 miles; Scarborough 19 miles; Pickering 20 miles; Guisborough 22 miles.
The ancient fishing port of Whitby lies at the mouth of the River Esk and is ideally situated for exploring this beautiful part of Yorkshire, with its superb coastline and close proximity to the spectacular North York Moors. Whitby is a charming and atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches and of course the Abbey, reached by the famous 199 steps.