- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
With eye level views of the abbey, and across to the sea from the 5th floor terrace, this lovely, terraced Georgian property is in the centre of Whitby, quietly tucked away from the main hustle and bustle of this historic seaside town, close to the beautiful Pannett Park.
Providing spacious, traditional and well equipped accommodation, this Whitby cottage is ideal for family groups and friends wishing to enjoy this popular port and to explore the beautiful Heritage Coast.
Set over five floors, this Whitby cottage retains many original features, including stripped pine doors and floors, wood panelling, beams and a feature fireplace in the comfortable sitting room.
The top floor bedroom of this Whitby cottage has patio doors leading onto a rooftop terrace with views of the abbey and the sea - a lovely spot to sit and watch the world go by, or indeed enjoy afternoon drinks!
A couple of minutes' walk from this Whitby cottage brings you to numerous restaurants, tea rooms, pubs and individual shops, with quaint narrow streets, cobbled ginnels and the picturesque harbour.
Climb the 199 steps to the abbey, take a bracing cliff-top walk on the Cleveland Way or relax on the long, sandy beaches, complete with donkeys in the summer months!
The surrounding area from this Whitby cottage has a wealth of attractions, including the steam railway at Grosmont, the spectacular scenery of the North York Moors and pretty inland and coastal villages such as Robin Hood's Bay, Goathland and Danby.
A superb Whitby cottage at any time of the year.
Over five floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x 2nd floor king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and separate WC, 1 x 3rd floor family room with 3 x single, 1 x 4th floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area and real flame-effect gas stove. 1st floor sitting room with open fire.
- Night storage heaters with gas fire in dining area and open fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD, radio, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Starter pack for open fire inc. in rent Oct - March, at other times of year logs can be purchased locally
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Travel permit provided for roadside parking for one car nearby, plus private, allocated lockable garage unit for one small/medium sized car 250 yards away
- Small rooftop terrace with garden furniture
- Small enclosed yard with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Steep cottage stairs leading to top bedroom
- Note: Garage suitable for standard cars only
- Note: Small, high-walled yard unsuitable for large dogs
About the location
Robin Hood's Bay 6 miles; Scarborough 19 miles; Pickering 20 miles; Guisborough 22 miles.
The ancient fishing port of Whitby lies at the mouth of the River Esk and is ideally situated for exploring this beautiful part of Yorkshire, with its superb coastline and close proximity to the spectacular North York Moors. Whitby is a charming and atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches and of course the Abbey, reached by the famous 199 steps.
- Last minute