- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A fabulous first floor apartment overlooking the harbour, close to the centre of the historic seaside town of Whitby.
Situated in the modern Whitehall Landing development, this lovely Whitby apartment provides excellent accommodation for those wishing to enjoy the many attractions in this beautiful part of the country.
With the added benefit of secure undercroft parking and lift access, this Whitby apartment is great for a family or friends to explore this wonderful part of Yorkshire.
Furnished to a high standard, and contemporary throughout, this Whitby apartment provides a very comfortable holiday home, with two stylish bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room, while the spacious and light open plan living area boasts superb views over the River Esk and the upper harbour.
Outside, are well-kept communal grounds, including a children's playground and riverside walks along the boulevard.
A few minutes’ stroll from this Whitby apartment brings you to the lively centre of this popular resort, with its narrow winding streets, cobbled market square and quaint shops.
Diners will be spoilt for choice with the abundance of good restaurants, tea rooms and famous fish and chips, whilst many of the public houses serve local real ale.
Climb the 199 steps up to the abbey or take in the breathtaking scenery from the cliff-top paths.
With long sandy beaches and museums and parks, this atmospheric town pleases all.
From this Whitby apartment, there is easy access to the stunning countryside of the North York Moors National Park, with pretty inland and coastal villages to explore such as Robin Hood's Bay, Staithes and Danby and attractions such as the steam railway at Grosmont.
A lovely Whitby apartment for any time of the year.
All first floor (with lift access) Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with TV and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric panel heaters
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, 2 x TVs with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road reserved parking for 1 car in secure undercroft car park
- Communal lawns and children's playground
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 10 mins walk, pub 5 mins walk
- Beach 1 mile
- Note: This property has a private pontoon boat that can be hired by arrangement with the owners
- Last minute
- “Quality accomodation”
- “Lovely apartment. Clean and well maintained. Short walk into characterful Whitby town. Overlooking harbour.”
- “Location good for getting into Whitby and secure parking was an added advantage. Suggest however that you up-date your web site to let potential customers know that WiFi is now available. I e-mailed you before our visit and your answer was no WiFi at the property. However, according to the visitor comment book, it was installed recently, January I think? Sue & Trevor Wright”
- “We were very pleased with the apartment - lovely position and very nice inside. We shall certainly use Sykes Cottages again.”
- “"The Moorings position, comfort and overall standard was excellent. The secure parking and views of the River Esk out of the windows was a true bonus."”
- “Fantastic location and fantastic property, will definitely be back.”
- “The complimentary wine and chocolates was a very lovely touch. The apartment was a good size and very clean. We chose the property based on the private parking, which we found very handy, and saved us having to find parking in Whitby centre, that I presume would have cost quite a bit for the four days. Overall a very nice stay and would consider coming again / recommend to a friend.”
- “Great apartment within easy walking distance of Whitby, secure car parking was a bonus, as was the complimentary wine and chocolates (thanks very much) We have been to Whitby before and this is probably the best place we have stayed in. There are plenty of places to eat which cater for every taste, our favourite is the Cosa Nostra. There is great walking to be had from the doorstep including the Cleveland Way which you can do in sections and return by bus. I would definitely recommend this property.”
- “The property was in a great, peaceful location with amazing views. Private parking bay was also a bonus, we couldn't fault it.”
- “Great accommodation and location; we would definitely recommend.”
- “This accommodation was excellent and in a very good location over looking the river Esk.”
About the location
Robin Hood's Bay 6 miles; Scarborough 19 miles; Pickering 20 miles; Guisborough 22 miles.
The ancient fishing port of Whitby lies at the mouth of the River Esk and is ideally situated for exploring this beautiful part of Yorkshire, with its superb coastline and close proximity to the spectacular North York Moors. Whitby is a charming and atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches and of course the Abbey, reached by the famous 199 steps.