- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Pocklington 2 miles. An attractive red brick farmhouse, set amidst open countryside in the small village of Yapham, two miles from the pretty market town of Pocklington. Providing spacious accommodation, this Pocklington cottage is perfect for large family groups to enjoy time together in the rolling countryside of the Yorkshire Wolds. Renovated to a good standard, this cottage near Pocklington offers a comfortable sitting room with a cosy open fire, a modern kitchen with breakfast bar and a separate dining room. There are four first floor bedrooms, whilst on the ground floor is a large double bedroom with its own sitting room including a double sofa bed and an en-suite shower room, ideal for couples wanting space to themselves. Traditionally furnished, this Pocklington cottage is warm and welcoming, whilst outside, the mature lawned gardens offer somewhere to relax during those warm summer evenings. In the local area are many varied walks and cycleways, including the long distance Wolds Way which takes you through the tranquil countryside. Nearby Pocklington is a thriving market town with many independent shops and pubs, whilst the canal offers pleasant walks. There are many attractions in the area, including the stately homes of Sledmere House and Burnby Hall which is home to the national collection of water lilies. An easy drive brings you to the historic city of York with its famous Minster, National Railway Museum and Jorvik Viking Centre. A well-placed Pocklington cottage for an enjoyable holiday. Note: This property is next to ref 24516 and together they sleep 14 people.
Five bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with sofa bed and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar. Utility. Dining room. Sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Lawned gardens with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles.
- Last minute
- “Lovely area. Interesting property, spacious rooms. Lots of information about things to do nearby.”
- “Far exceeded expectations.”
- “It was a fantastic place to stay. The Farmhouse was amazing and had loads more than we expected, especially WiFi! Would go back in an instant..we all loved it!”
- “A fantastic house in a stunning location. It was very clean and well equipped with plenty of room for our large family holiday. The owner and caretaker was on hand and very helpful. Would recommend this house to all our friends and family.”
- “Liked the location and flexibility of accommodation. Silence of area plus proximity to York was ideal for our family gathering.”
- “The farmhouse was very clean and spacious, excellent for larger groups.”
- “Charming cottage in a lovely rural setting. Spacious accommodation with all our needs catered for. Very helpful owner.”
- “Lovely house in a great location.”
About the location
York 13 miles.
The pretty little market town of Pocklington nestles at the foot of the Yorkshire Wolds in the Vale of York. It is perhaps best known for Burnby Hall Gardens - 8 acres of gloriously beautiful gardens with two large lakes which are home to the National Collection of water lilies. There are several world famous attractions nearby - majestic Castle Howard, beautiful Sledmere House, and of course the historic city of York. The town boasts a leisure centre offering a wide range of sports, including swimming, a Civic Centre and the Pocklington Arts Centre, which shows various films and stages live shows throughout the year. Pocklington is also home to Madhyamaka Kadampa Buddist Centre, known worldwide for its meditation courses and retreats, plus the KP Golf Club is situated approx. 1 mile away and offers wedding and other event facilities, a stylish bar and a restaurant, as well as an 18 hole championship golf course. Nearby are various cycle ways including the North Sea Cycle Route and walkers will love either the long distance walks along the Wolds Way or one of the many more circular walks in the area for all abilities. For those who enjoy touring by car, Pocklington forms part of the Pocklington Round, a lovely scenic drive which takes in some of the area's prettiest villages.