- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Pocklington 2 miles.
A single-storey annexe set in the village of Yapham on the edge of the Yorkshire Wolds, two miles from the pretty market town of Pocklington.
With views over open countryside, this Pocklington cottage offers comfortable accommodation with a modern kitchen and bathroom and a spacious sitting room.
Bright and cheerful throughout, this Pocklington cottage is well located for touring the renowned stately homes of Castle Howard and Sledmere House, and the many attractive gardens in the area such as Burnby Hall, home to the national collection of water lilies.
The thriving town of Pocklington offers wide-ranging amenities including local pubs, restaurants and independent shops.
Take a pleasant walk along the canal, where you may spot barn owls and kingfishers darting the length of the waterway.
In the vicinity of this Pocklington cottage there are many easy walks and cycleways including the popular Wolds Way, which leads through the rolling countryside where Hockney found his inspiration for his famous paintings.
For culture lovers, a short drive from this Pocklington cottage brings you to the city of York, whilst further south you can visit the wonderful oceanic aquarium of The Deep in under an hour.
This Pocklington cottage offers a quiet retreat and an ideal touring base.
Note: This property is next to ref 24515 and together they sleep 14 people.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over and basin. Separate WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with electric fire.
- Oil central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles.
- Last minute
- “The cottage was overall good; the equipment in the kitchen was of excellent quality and the television was a good size. The owner was very friendly and very helpful. I would definitely come back to this place and would recommend to friends and family.”
- “The cottage was in a nice quiet location with beautiful views. There was ample parking and only a short drive from York. The accommodation was warm, cosy and light with homely furnishings and the kitchen was well fitted with everything we needed. It had a really nice feel and would definitely book to stay here again. Thanks West End for an enjoyable holiday.”
About the location
York 13 miles.
The pretty little market town of Pocklington nestles at the foot of the Yorkshire Wolds in the Vale of York. It is perhaps best known for Burnby Hall Gardens - 8 acres of gloriously beautiful gardens with two large lakes which are home to the National Collection of water lilies. There are several world famous attractions nearby - majestic Castle Howard, beautiful Sledmere House, and of course the historic city of York. The town boasts a leisure centre offering a wide range of sports, including swimming, a Civic Centre and the Pocklington Arts Centre, which shows various films and stages live shows throughout the year. Pocklington is also home to Madhyamaka Kadampa Meditation Centre, known worldwide for its meditation courses and retreats, plus the KP Golf Club is situated approx. 1 mile away and offers wedding and other event facilities, a stylish bar and a restaurant, as well as an 18 hole championship golf course. Nearby are various cycle ways including the North Sea Cycle Route and walkers will love either the long distance walks along the Wolds Way or one of the many more circular walks in the area for all abilities. For those who enjoy touring by car, Pocklington forms part of the Pocklington Round, a lovely scenic drive which takes in some of the area’s prettiest villages.