- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A charming, duplex loft apartment, tucked away behind the market square in the bustling town of Kirkbymoorside. Situated above the owner’s small, fine furnishings business, this characterful Kirkbymoorside cottage would appeal to guests wishing to discover the beautiful North York Moors National Park, but have easy access to the historic City of York and the wealth of stately homes and gardens in the vicinity. With a quirky layout, this Kirkbymoorside cottage offers a spacious, light and airy third floor sitting room, with exposed timbers, sloping ceilings and rooftop views and a modern, contemporary kitchen. Traditional, cottage stairs lead down to the two second floor bedrooms, both with beamed ceilings, stripped pine doors and lovely window seats. A one minute walk brings you into the main street with a good choice of local inns, excellent eateries and a good array of individual shops. For golf lovers, a good course lies a few minutes’ walk from this Kirkbymoorside cottage, whilst walkers are spoilt for choice with the numerous public footpaths, leading into the stunning countryside of the moors. An easy drive brings you to the coastal resorts of Scarborough, Whitby and Filey with their long, sandy beaches and promenades. With many local attractions, including Ryedale Folk Museum, Duncombe Park, Castle Howard and Rievaulx Abbey, this Kirkbymoorside cottage is ideally placed for an enjoyable holiday.
Over second and third floors (accessed by internal staircase). 2 x 2nd floor bedrooms: 1 x double with TV/DVD, 1 x twin. 2nd floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. 3rd floor fitted kitchen. 3rd floor sitting room with dining area and electric stove.
- Gas central heating with electric stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, heated airer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, selection of books, games and DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Roadside parking in high street close to cottage
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 min walk.
- Last minute
- “The Oak Loft is of a high standard and is a great base to explore the moors.”
- “Great accommodation, would highly recommend.”
- “The Oak Loft is in a superb location for walking and visiting the steam railway, National Trust properties and Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby and York. Kirkbymoorside has everything a visitor needs including a useful Wednesday market and the local people are very friendly.”
About the location
Pickering 6 miles; Helmsley 5 miles.
The attractive old market town of Kirkbymoorside lies on the edge of the North York Moors National Park, in between the towns of Helmsley and Pickering. It is a charming place, full of Yorkshire character, and is the centre for the local farms and villages. Visitors will find a variety of shops from tearooms, pubs and restaurants to antique shops, while there is a market day on Wednesday. The excellent walking and magnificent scenery of the National Park are close by, as are the picturesque villages of Hutton le Hole and Lastingham. Pickering is the base of the North York Moors Steam Railway - a ‘must do’ day out for all visitors to the area. York, Whitby and the Yorkshire Coast are within easy driving distance.