- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Nairn 2 miles. A charming, stone, semi-detached cottage, well-located in the pretty village of Auldearn, in the stunning Scotland Highlands. This cosy Auldearn cottage is an ideal retreat for couples who enjoy the homely, relaxed ambiance of their Highland holiday home and the scenic location it occupies. With the accommodation over two floors, this cottage near Nairn has a comfortable bedroom on the upper floor, whilst at ground floor level, the compact, fitted kitchen leads through to a bright, sunny sitting room with dining area, a perfect place to enjoy a home-cooked meal together. Outside this Highland cottage, the enclosed front garden offers a shady seating area, ideal for a morning coffee or a quiet read. The friendly village of Auldearn has good local services with its village shop, Post Office and local inn, and for a special dining experience a visit to nearby Boath House Hotel, with its Michelin-starred restaurant, is a must. Or, if you’re an antique hunter, an afternoon dipping through the collections at Auldearn Antiques for a holiday keepsake will not disappoint. The town of Nairn is close by with its award-winning beaches and wonderful Culbin Forest, which borders the coast, perfect for enchanting walks, bike rides and wildlife watching. Why not follow the road east and journey along the north east coast of Scotland, stopping at the many pretty fishing villages that can be found nestled amongst the rugged coastline? Or travel west to the city of Inverness and beautiful Loch Ness. This Auldearn cottage will ensure a wonderful and unforgettable Highland holiday.
Mostly ground floor. One first floor double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge (no ice-box), washing machine, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample roadside parking at rear
- Enclosed, front garden with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 mins
- walk, pub 5 mins walk
- Coast 2 miles.
- “I had a fantastic stay at this cottage. It was very cosy and had everything you would need. The welcome pack was a nice treat, they even too onboard that I am a coeliac and got in some nice cakes that I could eat. The garden at the front of the property was very safe for my small dog. I will be re booking another trip to this lovely cottage.”
- “Slioch Cottage is set in a perfect location for accessing Inverness and Moray, for walks and tourist activities, with perfect sized rooms and a cute garden to the front. The owner is very thoughtful and kind. I would recommend the cottage to anybody wanting to explore the Highlands, you won't regret it.”
- “A lovely comfortable home from home and a great place to relax.”
- “Chilled out, Central heating on, nice and cosy. Large set of dvd's and cd's and books provided.”
About the location
Inverness 16 miles.
Nairn is an attractive and lively seaside town dating back to Victorian times. It has long been a popular holiday destination and is just 16 miles from the Millennium town of Inverness. Nairn even lays claim to being one of the driest and sunniest places in the country! The town offers some of the top beaches in Scotland and cleanest bathing waters in Britain. Also, one of the only two dolphin colonies in the UK is based in the Moray Firth. Nairn is steeped in history and is closely linked with the Battle of Culloden, whilst nearby Fort George is Europe’s best preserved 18th century military fortification. Golfing enthusiasts will be attracted to the two 18-hole championship courses, including the Nairn Golf Club. An ideal centre for exploring, or just relaxing.