- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A stone-built, listed terraced cottage in the centre of the village of Fort Augustus, at the south-west end of Loch Ness.
Well-equipped and comfortable, the property has been decorated and furnished to a good standard, and offers spacious contemporary accommodation, ideal for families.
A wide choice of recreational activities are on offer in the region, including cycle hire, golf, fishing or pleasure trips on Loch Ness.
The Great Glen Way passes through the village and is ideal for people of all ages to explore on foot or by cycle.
With tourist destinations such as Fort William, Inverness, Newtonmore (Monarch of the Glen country) or Kingussie an easy drive away, this makes a great holiday base.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Large bathroom with bath, basin, WC and separate shower cubicle. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, table-top dishwasher, combi TV/video/DVD player, CD player, radio
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for two cars
- Enclosed lawned garden at front of property with garden furniture
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pubs 5 minutes’ walk
- Note: The stairs in this property are steep and may not be suitable for the infirm.
About the location
Fort William 31 miles; Inverness 34 miles.
Nestling at the south-west end of Loch Ness, Fort Augustus has a variety of shops, and you can sample a fine selection of food in the local pubs and restaurants. Ideal for those who like to be near water, the village is home to a stretch of the Caledonian canal, including a flight of locks that provide a fascinating place to watch the world go by, as the numerous boats make their way further west towards Fort William. Visit the Clansman Centre, search the Loch for "Nessie" or venture further afield to Newtonmore (Monarch of the Glen country), Kingussie or the city of Inverness.
This property offers the following short breaks: