- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A spacious, stone-built terraced cottage located in the heart of the pretty town of Nairn in Scotland, yet privately situated down a quiet lane. Very well appointed throughout with good facilities this Nairn cottage would suit a large family or group of friends who wish to enjoy time together on the fabulous Moray Firth coast. With accommodation over two floors there are four bedrooms in total in your Nairn cottage, a ground floor double bedroom and a further double, twin and single with stacker bed on the first floor. There is a fully fitted kitchen with dining area and sliding doors to the outside patio area, along with a sitting room with lovely open fire, a fine space in which to socialise with your group. The front garden area at your Nairn cottage is fully enclosed and is an ideal place to sit and relax whilst enjoying a summer barbecue or pre-dinner drink. The town of Nairn itself has excellent facilities for shopping and dining out and there are two golf courses with very smart clubhouses, which welcome visitors. The beach is just a few minutes' walk away from this Nairn cottage and its golden sands stretch for miles, giving the opportunity for wonderful scenic walks and watersports. Nairn is extremely well placed for visiting the wider area and there are quaint fishing villages all along the north east coast that are well worth a visit. The Highland capital city, Inverness, is just 16 miles to the west or, if you travel inland you may wish to pick up the Malt Whisky Trail and visit the many distilleries for a wee drop of tasting. Nairn is a great holiday location and this Nairn cottage will certainly be your home-from-home.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double, 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x single with additional stacker bed. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area (seats 6) and doors to front garden. Sitting room with open fire (seats 6).
Gas central heating with open fire in sitting room. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, wine chiller, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car opposite house, additional parking available in public car park approx. 200 yards away. Enclosed front patio area with furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop, pub and beach 5 mins walk.
- “Perfect Family Base For Scottish Highlands”
- “Hadden was our home for a family holiday in Nairn and we were delighted with our choice. The house is genuinely only a few minutes walk to one of the best UK beaches I have set foot on and an even shorter walk to town centre amenities. Hadden had everything we needed. As a family travelling on a budget we cooked many meals and found the kitchen well equipped, the main bathroom perfect for the carnage that is bath time for 5 and 4 year old boys and the bedrooms roomy and comfortable. The lounge area was very homely with a nice big TV and Wi-Fi which we appreciated as our nights are spent in because of the children's ages. The courtyard area is very private. I spent several evenings out there with a glass of wine and a book and didn't see a soul owing to the property's location tucked up a quiet side street. I contacted the owner a few nights before our stay and she was very helpful indeed. Overall a great location for a visit to the highlands and terrific value.”
- “Better than your average cottage”
- “So much bigger than a regular cottage. Spacious throughout and beautifully appointed, from the fully equipped kitchen to the open fire. Everything you could need, washer, dryer right down to fishing nets and games for children. The fresh bread, milk and juice was a lovely welcome as was the pantry with all the fiddly bits you'd normally have to buy. Location is fabulous, minutes walk to beach and town, but away from coastal winds and traffic noise, down a quiet lane. Loved it and would definitely return.”
- “Hadden was a nice, comfortable property with a beautiful kitchen and bathroom and very comfortable beds. It was in a nice location near the sea.”
- “Hadden is a very comfortable and very tastefully decorated cottage. We particularly liked all the fabulous paintings and art work around the house which gives it real character. Everything is of a high standard, the main bathroom is especially luxurious. The courtyard is a lovely private sun trap and great for outdoor eating and relaxing. We both felt very much at home here. The location in Nairn is very convenient and both the town and beaches are within easy reach on foot.”
- “Lovely cottage, well situated base for touring area. Perfect holiday accommodation.”
- “Had a wonderful stay at the Haddon cottage. Nairn is a lovely little village and was perfectly located for us to explore the highlands. Plenty of room for the six adults and baby. First floor room and full bath perfect for my aunt, who has restricted mobility. Fully stocked kitchen made cooking in very easy. It was wonderful and very reasonably priced. Excellent hospitality.”
About the location
Inverness 16 miles.
Nairn is an attractive and lively seaside town dating back to Victorian times. It has long been a popular holiday destination and is just 16 miles from the Millennium town of Inverness. Nairn even lays claim to being one of the driest and sunniest places in the country! The town offers some of the top beaches in Scotland and cleanest bathing waters in Britain. Also, one of the only two dolphin colonies in the UK is based in the Moray Firth. Nairn is steeped in history and is closely linked with the Battle of Culloden, whilst nearby Fort George is Europe’s best preserved 18th century military fortification. Golfing enthusiasts will be attracted to the two 18-hole championship courses, including the Nairn Golf Club. An ideal centre for exploring, or just relaxing.