- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A stone-built detached cottage set in mature grounds on the outskirts of the popular village of Newtonmore.
Over 100 years old and maintaining much original charm, the property has been tastefully modernised and comfortably furnished, with spacious rooms which are are welcoming, light and warm.
Within easy walking distance are shops, pubs and restaurants, the Highland Folk Museum, and Clan MacPherson Museum.
A vast choice of outdoor activities can be found in the area, including walking, climbing, gliding, fishing, golf, winter and water sports, mountain biking and bird and wildlife watching.
An easy drive takes you to the Highland Wildlife Park, the spectacular Cairngorm Funicular Railway, Loch Garten RSPB Reserve and Aviemore Highland Resort.
A lovely property in a great location!
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with flat screen TV, 1 x twin, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with corner bath with shower attachment, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with woodburning stove. Sun porch. Utility room.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room and additional portable heaters
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, 2nd fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x flat screen TVs with DVD players, stereo/CD player, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Oil and power inc. in rent
- Logs for woodburning stove available to purchase locally
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot available
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lawned garden with furniture, BBQ and chiminea
- Storage for bikes and sports equipment
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk.
About the location
Kingussie 3 miles; Aviemore 15 miles; Inverness 47 miles.
Overlooking the River Spey, in the Cairngorms National Park (Britain's largest), Newtonmore has several shops and pubs, as well as two excellent, award-winning museums - the Highland Folk Museum and Clan MacPherson Museum. Newtonmore's Wildcat Trail is a popular, 7-mile circular walk around the edge of the village, taking in the River Spey with woodland, moorland and wonderful views across the valley to the Cairngorms, and behind the village to the Monadhliath Mountains - a fitting introduction to the delights of the National Park. For younger visitors, the Folk Park, the Wildlife Park at Kincraig, Landmark at Carrbridge and the Steam Railway are all outstanding local attractions. The area offers fine golf, fishing, pony trekking, walking, birdwatching, cycling, mountain biking, climbing and skiing, making it an ideal base from which to discover all that this scenic area of Scotland has to offer.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute