- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
This detached bungalow is set in a quiet secluded woodland location in the village of Whitebridge, within driving distance of Inverness. This Loch Ness cottage has mature trees bordering the rear of the property and to the front there are lovely uninterrupted views across the fields to the Monadhliath Mountains. This contemporary Loch Ness cottage is well presented and spacious, and is the perfect holiday home to relax in after a day's walking, fishing or cycling. At your Loch Ness cottage there are three bedrooms, one of which has en-suite facilities, a family bathroom, well-equipped kitchen and a sitting room with dining area. The shores of Loch Ness are only 3 miles away and the road around Loch Ness is a fantastic route to follow. Be sure to stop off at some of the villages en route and to look out for the famous monster! Close by are the Falls of Foyers, Fort Augustus and the famous Urquhart Castle. Naturally the area has an abundance of wildlife and it would not be unusual to see deer passing the window, hares running through the grounds and a wide range of bird life including pheasants and partridges at this Loch Ness cottage. Whether touring the area in a car, taking lovely long walks or cycle rides, fishing for brown trout in the local river or simply relaxing and making the most of the highland atmosphere, you will not be disappointed!
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite walk-in shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Utility. Sitting room with dining area.
- Oil central heating with solar panels for hot water
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Sky
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Large garage for storage
- Front lawned area
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, hotel with bar 1 mile.
- “Quiet Location”
- “Spent a week here recently and the property was easy to find and as described. Excellent cottage with gravelled area around - no garden as such but no disadvantage as views to mountains from the front were stunning. Facilities good and when chilly at night heating system was first class. Nearest shop was at Foyers which was well stocked and included a cafe and lovely home baking. Great week at a lovely cottage and would return again sometime in the future”
- “A beautiful house finished to a high standard in beautiful surroundings , can not fault anything about it, had a lovely fortnight holiday, looking forward 2 going back in the future , really lovely watching the deers in the garden”
- “It was peaceful, perfect for relaxing and had excellent views.”
- “A lovely cottage in a beautiful area. The only noise is the bleating of the sheep, and of an evening you could sit and watch hares and deer run through the neighbouring fields. We had a wonderful time, it was a pity I only booked a week.”
- “The cottage was in beautiful surroundings, had awesome views and was peaceful, just what the doctor ordered. With no distractions, only the birds, cows and sheep for company and the daily visits from a family of hares. The cottage was fully equipped with everything we needed and it was very spacious with plenty of room for 6 adults.”
- “Braewood cottage was a lovely place to stay, nice size rooms, did not need anything. I would go there again, pub up the road was a nice place with good food. Lovely, lots to do round the area.”
About the location
Inverness 25 miles.
Whitebridge is a peaceful highland village with a number of properties enjoying a tranquil and beautiful rural location. There is a popular hotel in the village, which forms the hub of this small community. The larger village of Foyers is just 3 miles away and boasts a shop and other amenities. Whitebridge, whilst remote is conveniently situated for touring this fabulous part of Scotland, and the nearby Falls of Foyers are well worth a visit. The banks of Loch Ness are close by and a pretty drive along the shore line will lead you to Fort Augustus just 9 miles away. Inverness, the capital city of the highlands is 25 miles to the east and the airport is just 5 miles further on. Whitebridge is a perfect base for exploring this wonderful region.