- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A charming, 19th century townhouse within walking distance of Alnwick town centre.
Offering traditional and cosy accommodation over three floors, Cosy Nook boasts an open fire, wonderful kitchen and a sunny patio garden.
Well-equipped and comfortable, the cottage is ideally located for exploring all that the region has to offer.
Alnwick Castle and gardens (most recently famous for Harry Potter connections) are just 15 minutes' walk, while just 4 miles away lies the Heritage Coast with its miles of sandy beaches and dunes.
An ideal location for a relaxing break.
Over three floors. Four bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x 2nd floor double with canopied bed and views towards Alnwick Castle, 1 x twin, 1 x 2nd floor single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Second floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor cloakroom with basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area and door leading to patio garden. Spacious sitting room with open fire.
Gas central heating with open fire in sitting room. Gas cooker, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV, video, DVD player, radio, stereo/CD player, selection of books. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Roadside parking. Small, pretty patio garden with garden furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop, restaurants and pubs 5 mins. Note: No children under 12 years.
Note: No children under 12 years.
- “Excellent house”
- “Cosy Nook is one of the very few holiday rentals which has been left with its original character in furnishing and arrangements. The furniture is attractive, comfortable and of an appropriate character for the age of the house, and the kitchen is lavishly provided with equipment, even down to high quality champagne flutes and different glasses for red and white wine. The rooms are of very generous size, and the main bedroom is tastefully furnished and decorated in matching styles. The only thing missing in the kitchen is bizarrely that there are no casseroles for the microwave. The house is about ten minutes maximum from the centre of the lovely little town of Alnwick. We will certainly return.”
- “Cosy nook Alnwick”
- “Great location for exploring Northumberland, very roomy house, pleasantly furnished, however kitchen in need of an update, especially the White goods”
- “Cosy Nook - great value and good location”
- “Lovely house, great value near centre of alnwick. Plenty of space, bedrooms and bathroom all excellent. Only criticism of house would be that some new utensils and pans are needed in the kitchen. Otherwise, a really good place to take my children.”
- “Well located and homely cottage”
- “We have stayed at Cosy Nook for the past two years and found the cottage perfectly adequate as a base for exploring the beautiful Northumberland countryside as well as easy access to Scotland. Most things we needed were provided and the beds on the first floor were comfortable which makes all the difference when staying away from home. We would heartily recommend this cottage unless you are over critical or want 5 star accommodation.”
- “Return to Alnwick”
- “We had doubts about returning to Alnwick having had such a good time the first time. Cosy Nook and Northumberland soon laid those concerns to rest. The house is a characterful, warm and quiet property which we thoroughly enjoyed. Alnwick has plenty to do, with a number of indivdual small shops, a welcome change from the 'clone towns'. Northumberland has such variety from moors to beautiful coasts, the people were very friendly, and importantly for us, the food was local and excellent. We shall return!”
- “An amazingly well fitted house, with high quality furniture and (above all) kept in character. The furniture, wallpaper, and everything else were tasteful and appropriate to the period of the house.”
- “Cosy Nook was a very comfortable and homely property. We felt at home in the house. The location was ideal with an easy five to ten minute walk to the town. Hope it won't be too long before we get back again - we didn't want to go home as we enjoyed our time so much.”
- “Enjoyed the coal fire and comfortable beds. It was so close to the town, walks and tourists attractions that we didn't need to use the car. Alnwick people are very friendly and helpful we will be back next year.”
- “We really enjoyed our stay. The property was in a good location for amenities, within walking distance for the castle, and Barter Books. We are members of the National Trust and found we were within reach of several places to visit. I would recommend Cosy Nook to others, we have had a lovely time.”
About the location
Alnmouth 4 miles; Bamburgh 15 miles; Rothbury 10 miles.
The attractive and historic market town of Alnwick is dominated by Alnwick Castle, home to the Duke of Northumberland. The Castle Gardens, opened in 2002, are home to Europe's largest cascading water feature, a fabulous (and enormous) treehouse, a delightful rose garden and a beautiful, walled ornamental garden, which will delight novice and experienced gardeners alike. The castle is also famous as the setting for Hogwarts School featured in the Harry Potter films! The town's narrow streets have seen little change since the days when the London to Edinburgh stage coach passed through and the Market Place, with its stone cross, is still the central feature and the ideal venue for the weekly Saturday market. Alnwick offers a good selection of shops, pubs and places to eat and there is plenty to see and do, with miles of golden sandy beaches, numerous castles and boat trips to the famous Farne Islands all available nearby. Altogether a superb location for exploring Northumberland and its stunning Heritage Coastline.