“We had such a great time, Thistle ...”We had such a great time, Thistle Doo is really lovely, perfectly located, and we certainly recommend it. Hope we can return in the not too distant future ☺
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
Ancrum 3 miles.
A charming single-storey, detached lodge situated alongside the owner’s property, on their working livestock farm, near Ancrum in the heart of the Scottish Borders.
Set along a short track from the owner’s home and accessed via seven steps, this welcoming lodge is surrounded by livestock farmland and is an ideal getaway for a couple seeking a quiet break surrounded by beautiful countryside.
Once inside this charming lodge you will find a double bedroom, a shower room and an open plan living area, whilst to the rear is a decked area, where you can sit and relax whilst admiring the uninterrupted views across fields and hills.
There is a paddock and stabling nearby should you wish to bring your horse, and walks and bike rides can be enjoyed around the surrounding countryside.
Enjoy some of the superb fishing to be found in this stunning part of Scotland, play one of the many golf courses or spend a day visiting some of the nearby towns such as Selkirk, Kelso or Hawick.
Alternatively cross the border and explore the spectacular Northumberland National Park.
A lovely retreat for a relaxing break.
All ground floor. One double bedroom with folding bed on request. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric stove.
- Electric storage heaters with electric stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Folding bed on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Decked area with furniture and access to owner’s adjoining field
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 3 miles
- Note: Mobile phone signal can be variable
- Note: Paddock and stabling available at £50 per week (including hay, bedding, indoor stable, arena, grazing and use of barn for vehicles
- Please arrange this prior to arrival with the owner
- Note: Property accessed via 7 steps
- Note: Due to the farm location, please ensure dogs are kept on a lead when outside.
About the location
St Boswells 5 miles; Jedburgh 7.5 miles.
Ancrum is a small village in the Scottish Borders, less than eight miles north west of Jedburgh. The village sits on the River Ale and was the location of the Battle of Ancrum Moor in 1545, when a Scottish victory temporarily halted English raids into the Borders and lowlands. A monument, one of two local landmarks, was erected on the site of the battle and was then replaced in the 19th century. The other landmark is the Timpendean Tower, which are the ruins of a 15th century tower house near Lanton. Ancrum offers a pub, a shop, a butcher and a Post Office, whilst nearby is the town of St Boswells, plus the larger towns of Jedburgh and Kelso are well worth visiting for a mixture of shops, cafes, restaurants and the famous Abbeys, and also within reach is the world renowned Common Riding in Hawick.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute