- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Lowick 3 miles. This delightful romantic retreat is situated in the charming, peaceful village of Bowsden, 3 miles from Lowick. Once the home of the village blacksmith, this pretty, 200 year old stone cottage has been lovingly modernised to a high standard. This welcoming single-storey, semi-detached cottage offers bright, sunny rooms, lovely home-made furnishings and an open fire for the odd chilly evening curled up in front of the television. Outside there is a furnished patio area and a well-maintained, south-facing sheltered garden, perfect for sitting out with a book and a glass of wine, whilst enjoying the last of the evening sunshine and reminiscing about the day’s activities. The perfect base for discovering Northumberland and the Scottish Borders, this charming holiday home is a great place to return to after a day exploring this beautiful county at any time of year. The causeway to Holy Island is 10 minutes away, the Heritage Coast with its wonderful vast, sandy beaches, and the impressive castles of Bamburgh, Lindisfarne, Dunstanburgh and Alnwick are also all within easy reach. The extensive range of maps and walking guides offer a multitude of ideas for rambles in the nearby Cheviot Hills, and cycle rides can be enjoyed along the quiet, picturesque roads of the area. A comfortable, homely cottage for couples or small families within this superb part of Northumberland.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with FreeSat, DVD, video, radio/CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Off road parking for one car
- Small, lawned front garden with side patio
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 2 miles.
- Last minute
- “Great holiday in lovely cottage”
- “Comfortable, warm, cosy cottage. Well equipped and beautifully placed in friendly village of Bowsden. Ideal for couple or young family. Lovely garden to enjoy a read in the sun. Easy journey to Holy Island, Bamburgh, Seahouses and Alnwick. Tripadvisor please note, no separate dining room!”
- “an away from it all holiday”
- “a clean and comfortable property in a pleasant country side location. many thanks to the owners for sharing their property.”
- “Relaxing retreat”
- “Very clean and comfortable cottage, with off road parking.We had a very relaxing and peaceful stay at the cottage with everything there that we needed.Only a stones throw away from some of the best beaches and coast lines you will ever see,and at night you could almost hear a pin drop.Only criticism is the double bed was a tad to hard and took some getting used to, but this is down to personal choice.The kitchen and bathroom were functional and the living room cosy at night.Overall a great place to stay if you want to get away from the hum drum of everyday life,a good place to recharge your batteries.”
- “Comfy, cosy cottage”
- “The cottage was comfortable and well equipped, Location is good for the coast and Scotland. Great location for walking holidays. We had a very relaxing stay and would be very pleased to recommend it to our family and friends. The owners were very friendly and gave us lots of information about the area prior to our stay.”
- “Lovely homely cottage with delightful art and crafts items as part of the decor. The cottage has a great garden with ample seating.”
- “A lovely cottage with everything in it you could want from a holiday cottage. The garden is delightful and the neighbours very friendly. We would definitely rent this cottage again.”
- “Once again, on my second visit to Light Pipe Cottage, it was a home away from home and a place where I can unwind.”
- “Well equip, clean, comfortable, in a quiet location but central for exploring.”
- “A character cottage with attention to detail. It felt like a home from home. One of the most relaxing holidays we have ever had. A good place for visiting all the surrounding places of interest.”
- “A very quiet and relaxing break.”
About the location
Wooler 8 miles; Berwick-upon-Tweed 11 miles.
The small attractive village of Lowick is ideally placed for a holiday in Northumberland. Kimmerston Riding Centre is just a few miles to the west of the village. The pretty village of Ford with its castle and craft shops is 2 miles away, part of the Ford and Etal Estate which has facilities for cycling and fishing, as well as a mini railway – ideal for all the family. There are also excellent golfing opportunities, with 8 golf courses within 20 miles of Lowick. Northumberland’s beautiful coastline, Holy Island, the Cheviots for hill walking and mountain biking and the fascinating border town of Berwick, are all only short drives away. A superb base for exploring all the region has to offer.