“Owner was very pleasant and was on ...”Owner was very pleasant and was on site to welcome and explain every thing . The cottage was in an excellent location to tour northern Northumberland and coast'
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful traditional cottage in the centre of Chathill village.
This lovely cottage has been tastefully refurbished to retain much of the original character and is sympathetically decorated and furnished to a high standard.
The ground floor double bedroom has an en-suite, and upstairs is a family bathroom, perfect for relaxing after exploring the marvellous coast and countryside in this area.
Cosy, yet well-equipped and spacious, this cottage has a working farm to the rear and is a great option whether travelling by train or by car, being just a short walk from the East Coast Main Line railway station, and just off the road through the village.
Whether heading to the Heritage Coast, the market town of Alnwick or discovering the breathtaking Cheviots, this cottage makes a wonderful base.
Two bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with en-suite walk-in shower with grab rails, basin & WC, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin & WC. Kitchen. Utility. Dining room with TV. Sitting room with electric stove. Front porch.
- Electric night store heating with midday boost, electric stove in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer, 2 x TVs (one with Freeview), DVD, video, stereo/CD, WiFi, books/games/videos/DVDs
- Fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for two cars
- Front patio with furniture and BBQ
- Small yard for cycle storage
- Sorry, no smoking
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Shops, pubs & beach 3 miles
- Note: Railway runs approx 50 yards from cottage - trains pass throughout the day from 7am, but do not stop at the station after 6:30pm
- Minimal noise can be heard from the cottage
- Note: Ground floor may be suitable for accompanied disabled and the owners may be able to offer the use of a raised level toilet seat and hand rail, a shower stool, a four-wheeled walker, a booster cushion and a lap tray, at no extra cost
- Please call the owner, prior to your arrival, to confirm they will be available to use.
About the location
Beadnell 3 miles; Alnwick 9 miles.
Chathill is a small rural hamlet comprised of little more than a farm and a few houses. It is sited only 3 miles from attractive and peaceful Beadnell, which lies on one of the most beautiful stretches of Northumberland's magnificent Heritage Coast. Once a smugglers’ haven, Beadnell is now a fishing village, popular with holidaymakers who come to enjoy its pretty harbour. Central to all rural North Northumberland and within easy driving distance of the nearby glorious sandy beaches between Seahouses (where boat rides can be booked for the spectacular Farne Islands) and Bamburgh Castle, Alnwick, Holy Island and the Scottish Borders, there is plenty to see and do.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute