- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
Chatton 1.5 miles.
A stunning and cosy country cottage, situated in a chocolate box location just a short stroll from Chillingham Castle and the unique wild cattle park.
A quiet, leafy no through road provides access to a gravelled courtyard parking area, which in turn leads to this stone-built listed cottage.
Presented to a high standard throughout, this Northumberland cottage provides tasteful, comfortable accommodation.
The cottage itself is set over two floors and offers two cosy bedrooms, a ground floor bathroom with bath and shower over, a family sitting room with traditional woodburning stove, a spacious dining room and a well-equipped kitchen.
Your Northumberland cottage benefits from a fenced, private, lawned side garden with its own sun terrace and barbecue area, where you can wind down whilst enjoying the sound of the surrounding wildlife and trickling brook.
The pretty hamlet of Chillingham is steeped in history, offering walks, cycle routes and bridle paths from the doorstep of this Northumberland cottage, which provides a great location for exploring the coast and country of Northumberland.
The legendary coastline with miles of sandy beaches is located a short distance to the east and to the west lie the impressive Cheviot Hills, which provide bracing walks and challenging cycle routes.
The Percy Arms pub and restaurant, a Post Office and a village store are situated in the nearby village of Chatton, while the historic sites of Bamburgh, Holy Island and Alnwick, as well as Alnwick Gardens, are all within easy reach.
This delightful Northumberland cottage is an excellent base for exploring everything this wonderful county has to offer.
Note: This cottage is close to Ref.
13776 and Ref.
23042 and together they can accommodate up to 12 people.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for two cars
- Private, enclosed side lawned garden with furniture and BBQ
- Secure store for bikes/walking equipment
- Shared front lawned garden with furniture
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pubs 1.5 miles.
- Last minute
- “Idyllic location”
- “Excellent cottage,and the caretakers Ken and Margaret are always on hand to help.Great location,and a bonus is the castle opposite. Book the ghost tour in the evening,and try the local pub.”
- “Nice Week”
- “The cottage was easy to find, the instructions being easy to follow - good start! The cottage was well presented and clean and tidy. The resident caretakers were helpful when needed and unobstrusive when not! The private garden was welcome, with three dogs and the cottage was well situated for Chillingham Castle and the Wild Breed Park. Also a good touring centre for Northumberland and good shopping at Wooler. Recommended.”
- “Ford Cottage is very cosy and all of the rooms were excellent. The enclosed garden was very useful for our dogs and the owners were very friendly.”
- “We were met by the owner who was extremely friendly and helpful, and showed us around. The cottage was immaculately clean, warm and comfortable. In a lovely quiet location but easy enough to get to places we wanted to visit. Had a nice secure garden for the dogs. The owners are real assets for the cottage, on hand to answer any queries and a wealth of local knowledge, which was both interesting and helpful.”
- “The cottage and location were both lovely. The cottage caretakers who lived next door were really friendly and helpful.”
- “A lovely cottage with good sized rooms and a very comfortable sitting room. The cottage is well placed, with a short drive to the coast and the hills. There were lots of walks with the dogs, loved it! The caretakers are very friendly and helpful, we would definitely recommend this cottage!”
- “The location is perfect for a relaxing quiet, cosy break.”
- “A great location, lovely and quiet and in a good place to visit all the attractions. Lots of lovely beaches to walk the dog on and plenty of places to eat. A nice cosy cottage which was well equipped.”
- “Very peaceful and quiet area.”
- “A complete getaway from everything.”
- “Lovely cosy cottage in pretty location. Would recommend to others, and would also recommend visit to Alnwick (25 minutes away). The cottage was accurately represented in its pictures and write up, and felt immediately at home. Would stay again.”
About the location
Wooler 4 miles; Alnwick 18 miles.
The peaceful Northumberland village of Chatton is situated in the midst of wonderful scenic countryside. Consisting of a cluster of stone built houses surrounding its small village green, the village has a shop including a post office, an art gallery and an excellent pub ‘The Percy Arms’ known for its good food and beer. A short drive will take you to Alnwick Gardens, the Northumberland National Park and some of the most breathtaking coastline, boasting such delights as Bamburgh Castle, Holy Island and Lindisfarne Priory and the Farne Islands. An excellent touring base.