- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Swinhoe Farm Cottages
Belford 2.5 miles. These two terraced cottages are situated on the owners’ working farm and riding centre on the outskirts of the pretty village of Belford, just five miles from Bamburgh and the stunning Northumbrian coast. These two Belford cottages have been furnished to a good standard, with comfortable sitting areas, well-equipped kitchens and light and airy bedrooms. Both of these Belford cottages have cosy sitting rooms with warming fires, perfect for relaxing in front of after a day spent exploring the local area. With sheep, cattle and horses on the farm, these Belford cottages make a perfect base for walking, cycling or bird watching. Why not try your hand at riding lessons at the owners’ riding centre, or for the more experienced equestrian, have a hack around the farm’s grounds and visit St Cuthbert's Cave? These Belford cottages are perfectly situated for exploring the glorious Heritage Coastline and historic castles of Northumberland. Alnwick Castle, famous for its connection to Hogwarts and Harry Potter, is just 15 miles to the south, whilst the coastal villages of Bamburgh, Dunstanburgh and Craster are all just a short distance away. Spend a day on Holy Island or even drive up to Edinburgh, which is just an hour away from these two Belford holiday cottages.
An attractive end-terrace farm cottage just two and a half miles from the pretty village of Belford and only three miles from the sweeping Heritage Coast of Northumberland.
Well equipped and thoughtfully presented, this Belford cottage has all of its accommodation on the ground floor including two bedrooms and a delightful sitting room with a woodburner.
Outside this Belford cottage is use of a shared garden and barbecue area where you can sit and watch the sun go down as you reminisce about the experiences of the day.
Enjoy one of the many gentle strolls in the area, take a leisurely pony trek through the countryside, or visit the local attractions and tempting restaurants.
With endless castles and sandy beaches, this Belford cottage is an ideal place to relax and unwind.
Note: This property is next to Ref.
10383 and together they accommodate 10 people.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared garden with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 3 miles.
- Last minute
- “Comfortable cottage on a friendly farm in a beautiful area.”
- “Cottage very clean and comfortable, well stocked with kitchen equipment. Located in the heart of the farm with wonderful walks available right from the cottage door. Local shops and pub, etc., at Belford approx 2 miles distant, 10 minutes drive to the coast. Being allowed to have our dog indoors was a much appreciated privelege. The farmer and all his staff were very friendly, we were made to feel most welcome.”
- “Wonderful Week in Northumberland”
- “This is our second visit to Northumberland, but our first time ever in a cottage rental. Cuthbert's cottage is located on a working farm (swinhoe farm). It is all ground floor accommodation and sleeps four, it is well set out and very clean and has all the amenities you need for a very reasonable price, it is not luxury but it is very attractive and well maintained (thus the price reflects this). It has a log burning stove (though we had no use for it as we had brilliant weather the whole time we were there). the lady who owns the cottage is very friendly and welcoming without being intrusive which is great, she is there (as she lives on the farm) if you need anything, but doesn't bother you otherwise. Obviously there is livestock on the farm cows, sheep and horses which are housed close to the cottage (as it is a working farm) but this is not an issue it adds to the atmosphere and ambience of the whole package. The staff that work on the farm are very friendly and had a chat with us every morning and were a good source of knowledge for us. The cottage is dog friendly and we took our 2 dogs with us, the walks are great and they loved it there and were made very welcome. The location is great it is very close to Bamburgh (4/5 miles) just outside the lovely village of Belford, the drive to and from the many locations we visited is very picturesque and breath taking a lovely part of our country. We had a great week in a lovely cottage, in a fabulous area and will definitely be return visitors. I”
- “Cuthbert Cottage Belford Northumberland”
- “Cuthbert cottage was an enjoyable experience from start to finish. Comfortable little cottage with a generous supply of logs for the fire. The owner visited to see that we were settled in and comfortable. The cottage was on a working farm and horse centre, so plenty for young children to enjoy. only one wee problem it was very muddy when we arrived, however the weather cleared and so did the mud”
- “A Lovely Working Farm Holiday”
- “A fabulous little cottage ideal for 4 people with all the home from home comforts.Everyone on the farm were very friendly and helpful.The farm was set in lovely open countryside ideal for walkers. We took our dog Chip who also enjoyed his holiday and made friends with two little girls who lived on the farm and who took him out for walks. Would go again and would recommend to anyone.”
- “A beautiful cottage within easy reach of Northumberland attractions. Everything was in keeping with the natural surroundings - a great combination of rustic but modern. Would definitely recommend this cottage.”
- “Cottage ideally suited for our purpose, bird watching and chilling out in the country side.”
- “This cottage was very comfortable and clean, we felt very relaxed there.”
- “The location being on working farm was interesting, it was lovely to wake up seeing cows and sheep. The cottage was welcoming, thoughtfully stocked up with spare toilet rolls and a supply of wood which was useful for a few chilly evenings. A vase full of fresh flowers was a welcome surprise .”
- “We felt immediately at home in Cuthbert cottage. The owner visited us to see if all was well, and then left us to enjoy our holiday. We liked being on the farm with all its sights and smells. Our dogs were safe and there was no doggy smell in the cottage when we opened the door.”
- “The wood burner was very efficient, and we did not need any additional heating. It is in a lovely setting with some great walks starting at the front door.”
About the location
Alnwick 15 miles; Berwick-upon-Tweed 15 miles; Bamburgh 5 miles.
The picturesque Northumberland village of Belford lies in the heart of Heritage countryside, midway between the popular walled towns of Alnwick and Berwick-upon-Tweed. The pretty coastal village of Bamburgh with its sweeping beaches and dramatic castle is only a short drive away. Belford itself is an old coaching village with a pleasant square and offers a variety of shops, pubs, restaurants and a nine hole golf course. It is ideally placed for exploring the Cheviots, the renowned Northumberland Coastline and the Scottish Borders.