- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Swinhoe Farm Cottages
Belford 2.5 miles. These two terraced cottages are situated on the owners’ working farm and riding centre on the outskirts of the pretty village of Belford, just five miles from Bamburgh and the stunning Northumbrian coast. These two Belford cottages have been furnished to a good standard, with comfortable sitting areas, well-equipped kitchens and light and airy bedrooms. Both of these Belford cottages have cosy sitting rooms with warming fires, perfect for relaxing in front of after a day spent exploring the local area. With sheep, cattle and horses on the farm, these Belford cottages make a perfect base for walking, cycling or bird watching. Why not try your hand at riding lessons at the owners’ riding centre, or for the more experienced equestrian, have a hack around the farm’s grounds and visit St Cuthbert's Cave? These Belford cottages are perfectly situated for exploring the glorious Heritage Coastline and historic castles of Northumberland. Alnwick Castle, famous for its connection to Hogwarts and Harry Potter, is just 15 miles to the south, whilst the coastal villages of Bamburgh, Dunstanburgh and Craster are all just a short distance away. Spend a day on Holy Island or even drive up to Edinburgh, which is just an hour away from these two Belford holiday cottages.
A delightful terraced farm cottage on a family-run mixed farm in lovely rolling countryside just two and a half miles from Belford near the Northumberland coast, and five miles from the historic village of Bamburgh.
This Belford cottage is well equipped and decorated with charm and style, making a comfortable, cosy base for families.
There are three bedrooms and a spacious sitting room with an open fire, where you can feel your cares drift away as you plan the next day's activities.
There is excellent walking from the door, fishing is readily available in nearby Chatton and riding may be arranged on the farm.
A lovely Belford cottage and a great base for touring this glorious part of the country. Note: This property is next to Ref.
10382 and together they accommodate 10 people.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire.
Electric storage heaters with open fire in sitting room. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and games. Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent. Bed linen inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Shared garden with furniture and BBQ. Two well-behaved pets welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 1.5 miles, pub 3 miles.
- Last minute
- “Nice and quiet”
- “We stayed here for 1 week, it was on a farm, and quite isolated, the cottage itself was very well appointed, the only drawback was a ground floor bathroom. This property is not accessible without a car. The nearest village is Belford, which boasts a Co-op store and a very good pub.”
- “nice location and comfortable,kitchen well kitted out,and lots o”
- “stayed here last year in cuthberts cottage,enjoyed it so much we decided to come back,will very possible come back again,we also liked the fact we were staying on a working farm,where you can watch the workings of the farm on an daily basis,”
- “A most enjoyable holiday with accommodation of a very high standard.”
- “The view from the kitchen was lovely. There were some really nice walks directly from the property. The cottage was light and comfortable and I loved the wood burning stove. I thought the location was great, close to the sea!”
- “The setting was great, close enough to main towns but far enough to escape. Had a friendly caretaker and fantastic walks.”
- “The location is amazing; beautiful views and great walking on your doorstep. Just a short drive to Bamburgh. The riding school was also brilliant and the kids really enjoyed their lessons. The property itself was spacious and is perfect for a holiday home. We'd definitely stay here again!”
- “Brilliant - lovely cottage and lovely area - would go back again.”
- “This cottage is as you would expect on a working farm, the movement of vehicles was not disturbing in the least, the sound of the animals was so refreshing, the night sky was unbelievable; as good as it comes! The farm also has its own water supply which he should bottle; better than any bottled water I have ever tasted. The wood burning stove was massive with an endless supply of logs, and to top it all of the farmer is a nice friendly chap.”
About the location
Alnwick 15 miles; Berwick-upon-Tweed 15 miles; Bamburgh 5 miles.
The picturesque Northumberland village of Belford lies in the heart of Heritage countryside, midway between the popular walled towns of Alnwick and Berwick-upon-Tweed. The pretty coastal village of Bamburgh with its sweeping beaches and dramatic castle is only a short drive away. Belford itself is an old coaching village with a pleasant square and offers a variety of shops, pubs, restaurants and a nine hole golf course. It is ideally placed for exploring the Cheviots, the renowned Northumberland Coastline and the Scottish Borders.